Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hot Weather Calls for Proper Hydration!

Drink up to stay healthy and happy in this hot weather!
Hiya, Friends!  In my continuing quest to be informative as well as entertaining, useful as well as ornamental, I offer to you today a public service announcement regarding drinking your water.

No, I'm not gonna drink your water.  But if it came with a lemon slice or a lemon wedge, I would gladly take that off your hands or off the rim of your glass, whatever the case may be.  I just love lemons!

What's that? ... Sorry.  I got off-task.  Well, hey.  It's Summer, so my attention span is a little short.  Sorry!

Back to proper summertime hydration: remember to drink at least eight eight-ounce glasses of water a day.  Iced tea counts!  Coffee counts if you divide the number of ounces of coffee you drink by half- so if your cup is twenty ounces of coffee, you get to count ten of those ounces toward your daily hydration.

Unfortunately, pop doesn't really count.  Sure, it's a liquid.  Sure, it has water in it, but it also has a lot of sugar in there, which cancels out its watery goodness. It just makes you thirstier.  I know it stinks, because I love me a glassa root beer every now and then, too.  You can still have it!  Just know it's an extra and that you can't count it toward your essential daily hydration needs!

Another beverage that seems like it ougtta count towards your watery goal is milk.  Milk is great for you.  It builds strong bones.  It fills your tummy up when you're hungry.  But milk doesn't count towards your hydration goals because nutritionally speaking, milk is a FOOD.  That one shocked the daylights right outta me, too!

So anyway, Friends!  Stay healthy and happy in this hot weather through proper hydration.  You heard it from your pal Zoe!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment