Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm Not Gonna Say It, Pt. 2

Start shopping now, Friends.
Hiya, Friends!  Merry June the Twenty-Fifth!  How about that?!

I realize I was skatin' on thin ice yesterday, pointing out that yesterday was the Twenty-Fourth of the month and mentioning the number 6.  I realize that rubbed a few people the wrong way, and I apologize for that.

Sort of.

Not really.  This falls under a new segment I like to call "Sorry: Not Sorry."  You see, you Big People like to procrastinate.  You like to deny the obvious.  You need to hear this from somebody, so you might as well hear it from your pal Zoe:

Today is June the Twenty-Fifth.  It's the sixth month of the year.  There are twelve months in the year, and on the twenty-fifth of the twelfth month, there's a pretty big holiday.  Why put it off, Friends?  Your pal Zoe thinks you oughtta start shopping right now.  Take advantage of all the arts festivals and flea markets and outdoor antique sales and auctions that occur during the summer months.  Vacation mementos make great presents as well.

Perhaps if you Big People don't procrastinate until after the Major Eating Holiday in the Eleventh Month, and you start now, you won't get so irritable closer to the Big Holiday of the Twelfth Month.

So there.  It's June Twenty-Fifth.  You know what to do now, Friends.  Start shopping.
...
Yes, I'll go to my room now.  But you needed to hear it, Friends.  You did.  And remember, I love you lots.  I love you very much, and all this reminding is for your very own good.  Remember that. 

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment