Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm Thirty-Three Months Old!

Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's Monday all over again, isn't it?  How are you doing?

I'm doing all right.  I just realized today that I've turned thirty-three months old.  It seems crazy.  I've been thinking a lot lately about how time marches on, whether we wanna let it or not.  I've been thinking a lot lately about how I'm gonna turn three years old in a coupla months.

I don't know what to expect from three years, really.  A year ago at this time, there was all kindsa talk about potty-training.  I'm not gonna lie, Friends.  It burns me up good, that kinda talk, but thing of it is, I've been resisting it all this time, but I kind of thought it'd just magically happen for me by now.

Mommy says it's just like everything else.  It doesn't magically happen.  I've got to work for it.  Well, Mommy's memory is failing, I think.  IF she remembered right, I magically got myself off the binky without havin' to go to pacifier rehab.  Boom.  I turned four months old, and I was done with that binky.

My sippy cup, too.  Mommy carried on about how I was still using my bottles during my first summer, and bingo- all of a sudden, I was using straw sippy cups, which was apparently quite a parlor trick.

So everybody will hafta forgive me for being thirty-three months old and still in dideys.  Other things magically happened for me, and it grinds my gears to hafta work at this potty thing.

I think that somehow, we'll all still be okay.  I'll still be okay.  One of these days, I'll just decide I'm doing this, and I'll be brilliant.  But now that I'm thirty-three months old, Friends, I've realized that the world is just gonna hafta wanna respect my own personal time table, by golly!

Hey, I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment