Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

It's Merely A Fortnight Away!

It won't be long now!  Do I have enough Number 10 bows?
Hiya, Friends!  Hey, you know what?  I just looked on the calendar, and I saw with my own two little big round eyes that Christmas is merely a fortnight away!

That means two weeks from today, it'll be the Big Day!

You know, I love Christmas, but I love all the days that lead up to it even more, I think.  This year, Mommy and Daddy wrapped up twenty-five of my own books and put 'em in a special bag.  Every night, I get to unwrap one of my books and we read it together, next to the Christmas tree.  It's so much fun!

I don't mind that I'm unwrappin' my own books each night.  I really don't.  You know why?  Well, it's because I have a LOT of books, and if Mommy and Daddy were to get me twenty-five new books for this particular Christmas Countdown tradition, I'd find myself without any other Christmas presents.  Besides, it's really fun to try to guess which book I'm picking out for the night.  My Roly Poly Christmas Countdown Book was easy to know, because that book's shaped like a box, but the Little Golden Books and the Berenstain Bears books all have the same shapes as other books in their series, but each title remains a mystery until I unwrap it, and even then, the other night, I thought I'd picked a Berenstain Bears book, but I really got my Little Critter book instead. 

It's so much fun!

I'm gonna miss gettin' to unwrap a book a night, actually, Friends.  Don't get me wrong: Mommy and Daddy read to me.  They read to me a lot every day and night, but there's just something super-fun about not knowing for sure just which book I'm gonna have read to me.  It really makes life lotsa fun for this little kid.

But I guess that's why the Christmas Season is so magical. 

Hey, Big People.  Like I mentioned at the toppa the post today, Christmas is only two weeks away, and I know you get all stressed out at this news, so you might wanna go wrap up some presents, or if you're really behind and stressed out about it, you might wanna go buy some presents to wrap up.  I'll check in with ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment