Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Line-Dancin' With My Dog

We like to move it, move it!
Friends, if you know me, you know I love to dance, and I also love my best friend Rozzie the Dog.  It was only a matter of time before I combined those two loves of mine and took Rozzie line-dancin'.

Well, it was kind of an odyssey, if you want the kids-honest truth. For starters, Rozzie objected to the musical selections.  She didn't wanna line-dance to 'Achy Breaky Heart.'  She said she prefers Coldplay to Billy Ray.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I like all kinds of musics, even Coldplay.  My current Coldplay obsession is 'Sky Full of Stars,' but have you tried line-dancin' to that?  I mean, maybe you could get a good vine-step going to 'Viva la Vida,' but it'd seem like a stretch. 

Finally we compromised and picked 'Leroy the Redneck Reindeer' and also the 'I Like To Move It' song from Madagascar, where the meerkats dance.  She also wanted 'Who Let the Dogs Out,' but I think she just wanted to bark along with that one, insteadda dancin' to it.

The next thing was that you wear boots when you go line-dancin'.  Rozzie refused.  She flat-out, straight-up refused to wear boots.  Even when I offered to let her borrow my fabulous pink cowboy boots.  She said she invented the Glute-Scoot line-dancin' step, so she doesn't need to encumber herself with boots, when she's got her glutes.

Fair enough.  With my pal Rozzie, you pick your battles.

Then she couldn't make up her mind whether she wanted to be in the front of the line-dance, or in the back, or in the middle of a row, or on an end.  My wonderful line-dance wound up bein' more of a Dance of the Irregular Polygons.  It's okay, though.  It's fun to do stuff with Rozzie, even if stuff doesn't turn out the way it's supposed to, in a conventional sense.

Because in the end, it's all about just spending time together and having fun.  And when I'm with Rozzie, it's definitely fun!

Just like when I'm with you, Big People!  Hey.  I'll see ya tomorrow.  If ya see my Aunt Colleen today, wish her a Happy Birthday!  Or a Merry Birthmas.  She loves the heck right outta that!  We're down to a week before Christmas!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment