Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Snack Win: A Retrospective of My Snacking Career

A Peanut Butter Sandwich AND a graham cracker?!  I win!!!!
Hiya, Friends!  Hey, if you know me, you know I love snacks.  The snacks in my life have really improved a lot since I was a Baby. 

It's true.  When I first started eating things other than Similac and pureed everything, I got to eat things called Rice Rusks.  I love Rice Rusks.  They look like little surfboards, and they're really crunchy and light.  They've been compared to styrofoam, but I would say favorably compared, because I think they're delicious!  They were the most delicious thing I got to eat so far in my life!

Then came the Puffs.  They look like cereal, but they melt right the heck in your mouth, and they have wonderful flavors.  I loved those Puffs, and I still like 'em. 

At the same time I was introduced to Puffs, I also got to eat Cheerios.  Bleck.  I didn't like the Cheerios, because Mommy never bought me the kind with the little bee on the box.  She always bought me the plain ones, which taste like whole-grain paste.  I couldn't help but notice that she ate liberally from the box with the little honeybee on it.  It's that kind of hypocrisy that really sours a little kid on Big People-Little Kid relations, eff-why-yi.  It just does.

I also got to eat little drop-shaped snacks made of freeze-dried yogurt, called Yogurt Drops.  Those things are amazing.  I still eat 'em occasionally to this day.  They're just wonderful.

But what I really love about being me at the age I am (Three, in case you forgot!) is that I get to eat the same real foods that I see my Big People eating, every day.  Today, I'm enjoying a Peanut Butter Sandwich and a Graham Cracker.  Sometimes, I get Nutella on my Graham Cracker.  Sometimes, I get to have candy or cupcakes or donuts.  It sure beats watchin' my Big People eat those things in front of me, while I slurp down applesauce and pureed sweet potatoes. 

Yep, Friends.  Everything's coming up Zoe.  In the snack department and everywhere.  How about that?!

Hey.  I love ya lots, and I'll be seein' ya for our final finish to Christmas 2014.  Have a great Monday, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment