Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Little Yellow Dump Truck

Harvert and I have some serious work to do!
Hiya, Big People! 

Well, I've kicked my holiday preparations into high-gear.  That's why I'm bringing out the heavy equipment.  Nothing helps me truck things from one spot to another and dump out those things like my Yellow Dump Truck.

I love my Yellow Dump Truck, because it's so useful, and also because it looks like the PennDOT trucks I see going around the roads at my house.  My Yellow Dump Truck doesn't have a snowplow on the front of it like the PennDOT trucks do, but it's still cool and super-useful!  And it has a little guy in it that drives!  His name is Harvert. 

Yeah, it's a unique name, I know.  But back when Harvert was just born and his folks were tryin' to figure out what his name oughtta be, his mommy wanted to name him Harvey, and his daddy wanted to name him Robert, so they compromised and came up with Harvert.

People often think it's a misspelling of 'Harvest,' and they think that's an odd name for a dump truck driver, but then Harvert tells 'em the story behind his name, and they think that's pretty odd, too. But Harvert's a really nice fella, so people can get past the odd name.

Plus, if they're like me, they call him 'Harv.'  That's an ambiguous nickname, as it can work for Harvert as well as for Harvey, so nobody hasta be any the wiser!

Well, Friends!  Harv and I have lotsa work to do, so I'd better go!  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment