Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Morning Meeting Mayhem!

Welcome to our Partners in Mayhem Morning Huddle!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to ya!

Well, ya know, Rozzie and I start off every day with a morning meeting so that we can plan out our day and strategize on how we're going to drive Mommy nuts for the day.  Most people think that a four-year-old and a German Shepherd Dog just naturally spread chaos, but in reality, everything we do is a carefully-contrived, concerted effort.  You bet it is.

Since I have the advantage of opposable thumbs and the ability to use a stylus to write on the Boogie Board, I usually lead the meetings, but that doesn't mean there isn't a power-struggle a lot of days, between me and Rozzie.  You see, I have the thumbs and the writing know-how, but Rozzie has seniority.

Anyways, we plan out our day's mayhem.  Some of it is on a regular daily rotation, like the way I demand that Mommy get me something else, just as soon as she sits down or gets into a new project, while Rozzie's specialty is ringing the bell to go outside, only to lie down on the floor and refuse to go outside once Mommy gets me my milk and gets to the door to let out Rozzie.  We've been known to keep the old lady hoppin' for the better part of the day, just alternating between those two things!

For special flare on any given day, we plan other mayhem.  Perhaps I decide I'm going to be argumentative and stubborn on a day, and vehemently fight any attempt at putting me down for a nap.  That crap used to work when I was a baby, but I am a four-year-old now.  I sleep when I decide I sleep.  Occasionally, Rozzie urps all over the floor.  That shuts down the flow of a regular day in short order. Also, there's the constant barking.  Between my arguing and stubbornness, and Rozzie's incessant barking, I'm really surprised that Mommy isn't actually nuts by now.  I mean, there's some days when Rozzie and I get together to talk about how it's going, and we're making ourselves insane with our antics.

So as you can see, it takes a LOT of work and preparation to cause as much mayhem as Rozzie and I do, day-in, day-out.  It takes some serious talent to be this disruptive.  Some dedication.

I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment