Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Unless You Can Be A Unicorn

I'd still like to be myself, even if I had the choice to be a unicorn!
Hiya, Friends!  Welcome back to wonderful Saturday!

Hey, have you seen those novelty items that say "Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn."  I sure have, and it got me to thinking about whether or not I think I oughtta heed that advice.

Unicorns are neat and all.  They're mythical creatures that are just beautiful and they have magical horns and their tears cure everything.  I can see the draw of being a unicorn, if give the opportunity to do so.

However, I wouldn't be able to help but wonder if people weren't wanting to be my friend just because I was a unicorn.  Cling-ons are annoying enough when everybody involved is a human.  But being a unicorn would add another awkward wrinkle to that equation, don't you think?

Well, for instance, there'd always be the wonder in the back of the unicorn's mind if people were just trying to get close to the horn.  I'd imagine unicorn horns would fetch a pretty penny.  I'd also imagine that it'd hurt to get the horn off the unicorn, and also that the horn wouldn't grow back, so once it's gone, it's gone.

Another concern would be that people who say they're the unicorn's friends would make the unicorn cry all the time, just to have all those unicorn tears to use to cure things.  That isn't sucha bad thing, but seems like there'd be better ways of getting a cure-all than making a friend cry.

But now that I've thought about the dark side of bein' a unicorn, I understand why they're so reclusive that people think they don't exist.  I'd be really nice to my unicorn friend, if I had one, but not everybody's like that.  I guess it's best for the unicorns' safety that they just let people think they're only fantasy creatures.  People just aren't ready for that kind of amazement.

So, see?  I'd rather just go ahead and be me. That way, I can be mostly sure that my friends are friends with me because they wanna be my friend, and not because they're tryin' to get my magical unicorn horn or my magical unicorn tears.  How about that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment