Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Merry Christmas in July!

In Australia, they're celebrating Christmas, so don't be mad at me!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Monday to ya!

Well, did you even know that today is July 25, five months away from Christmas? 

And did you even know that in Australia, insteadda havin' summertime right now, they're havin' wintertime?  So they have a Christmas in July celebration, which enables them to experience the Europeanness of a wintry Christmas.

So what's an Australian Christmas like?  Well, I'll tell ya.  I know, because I just read a book all about a year in the life of Australian kids.

On actual Christmas in Australia, it's summertime, and it's really hot, so they do the regular Christmas things, except adaptated for Summer.  They get to go surfing on Christmas in Australia!

The thing that really makes Australian Christmas and Christmas in July appealing to me is that by celebrating Christmas in July in both Australia and here in the States, we all get to experience a bit of Christmas from the other's perspective.  That's what makes life amazing, Friends!

Hey.  I love ya lots!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Merry Christmas in July!  Hahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment