Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Because I Wanted A Hug!

It's my hug, and I want it now!
The other night, I woke up out of a sound sleep, and my room was so dark, and I did just what everybody tells you not to do.  I panicked. I freaked.  I wailed.  And in came Mommy, just like the Cavalry, except she was in her jammies, and she wasn't on a horse or shooting anything.

Maybe she wasn't just like the Cavalry.  Maybe she was just like Mommy.  But I was upset with a capital UP and SET, and she came right over to my crib and lifted me out and gave me a big hug, and I settled right down. 

Hugs.  Now that's the ticket!  I don't even know what made me wake up, or why I got so worked up about it.  Most of the time, I can deal with stuff!  The last time I woke up in the middle of the night was all the way back on Daddy's birthday in March!  So I've had lotsa practice waking up in the night and falling back to sleep, but the other night, I needed a hug.

I have a leather rocking chair in my bedroom, and Mommy and I went and sat in it.  She rocked me, and held my head so I could hear her heart.  Just like the old days, when I'd need a bottle at four in the morning!  Mommy called this my "middle of the night bottle," but to me, it was just "first breakfast!"  Mommy and I used to sit in that chair, and I'd snuggle all up and drink my bottle, and she'd hug me and hug me, and I'd go back to sleep and next thing I knew, it'd be morning!

So getting a hug at two in the morning took me back.  Way back. I didn't even know that's what I was after, until I had it!

I'm doing all kinds of new stuff lately, Friends.  I've started dabbling in walking.  I sit up to the table like a Big Girl.  I'm riding in a new carseat.  I get to eat big-people food, and animal crackers and drink real milk instead of formula.  Sometimes, it all gets to be too much, too fast, too overwhelming.

And I just need a hug.  Makes things allllllll better!

No comments:

Post a Comment