Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

What Am I Gonna Be for Halloween?

This is me last year on Halloween.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's Halloween season again, and I am faced with the age-old question of what to be for Halloween.  It seems like this Halloween thing is a Really Big Deal!  And I just don't know what I'm gonna be yet!

I do know that I'm going to help Mommy hand out Individually Wrapped Smiley Cookies, shipped all the way from Eat'n'Park in Pittsburgh to the trick-or-treaters.  That was an easy decision. And I'm happy, because Mommy says we'll have leftovers.  I LOVE Smiley Cookies!

But what should I dress up as?  Boy, oh, boy.  Well, a little while back, there was talk of me being Twink from Rainbow Brite, and Mommy being Rainbow Brite, and then she said no, there was too much sewing for her and not enough time, and besides, she just isn't Rainbow Brite.  That's fine.  I didn't want to be Twink anyway.  If anybody's going to get top billing on Halloween in this house, it's gonna be me, Babies!  I'm not going to be some rainbow sprite sidekick!  No way!  And then I see I have a ladybug bubble costume and a zebra bubble costume in my closet.  They're really cute, and I'd like to wear them when the weather turns cool enough for me to need a jacket or whatnot, but other than that, those costumes just look like a lot of other clothes I wear, except they're padded.  They just look like fancy puffer vests with hoods. Mommy says she got a 2-fer for them, and I think I can wear them around town, even if it's not Halloween.

I could be a ghostie!  Except I can't see!
For Halloween, I want to be fabulous.  I don't want it to look like I just dolled up a puffer vest with some stripes or spots and said "Halloween!"

There was also talk that if I could keep goggles on my face, I could borrow a white blouse of Mommy's and be a mad scientist, because of my crazy hair.  Now, this idea, I kind of could dig, I think.  However, I cannot ignore the fact that to say I dislike goggles or sunglasses is an understatement.  I hate the things.  I don't know how Mommy does it, but if there's even a hint of sun out, from first thing in the morning, to almost dark, Mommy wears sunglasses.  I've tried it, and I don't like them.  I dislike them almost as much as I do hats.  So since mad scientists wear goggles, I'll have to pass on that costume, at least for this year.  Unless I wanted to be a really crazy mad scientist and not wear goggles.  But then, I'd must look like a kid with crazy hair, wearing a white blouse she borrowed from Mommy, or I'd look like Chef Ann Burrell. 

Too much room for ambiguity, that costume has.

Didja hear?  We're giving out Mini Smiley Cookies for Halloween!
Then Mommy got my costume from last year back out.  It is the piggy costume in the first picture today.  It was a size 0-6, but she said last year that I'd be able to wear it until I was 3, it ran so big.  Well, I'm not 3, but guess I'll be wearing that pig costume again.  I tried it on, and this year, it fits a little better.  I don't like that it covers up my Fabulous Feet of Fury, but overall, I like the costume.  I always did! 

And I guess when I get feeling like a loser for wearing the same costume I wore last Halloween, I can pick myself up with this fact: I'm not actually dressing up like a pig for Halloween, just like I did for last Halloween.  Nope!  What I'm really doing is dressing up like ME, from last Halloween, when I dressed up like a piggy!  How about that?! 

Sometimes, Friends, I feel like I'm just a little bit too clever for everybody's own good.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should go as Axxl Rose 2012, Zoe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! She says she would, but Mommy might already take that costume idea!

    ReplyDelete