Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bruster's Ice Cream!

Daddy and I were thinking about where to get some ice cream!
Hiya, Friends!  Zoe here.  As you know, I just got back from a weekend in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, visiting my Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz.  It was so much fun!  I got to do all kinds of fun things, and I even got to meet a Little Giraffe from the Wild Steppes of Wexford, and help him and his friends out, but what I'd like to talk about today is a wondrous place of wonder: Bruster's Ice Cream! 

I don't want a Supermelt!
Now, I've been to ice cream places lots before.  I've been to Friendly's.  Well, okay, I've pretty much been to Friendly's lots before, and Bruster's isn't at all like Friendly's.  See, Friendly's is a restaurant that brings you ice cream at the end of your meal if you want it.  You can get all kinds of food at Friendly's.  At Bruster's, you can get just one thing, which is ice cream, and that's okay, because their ice cream is that good.

Water's just not hitting the spot.
I thought it was really neat the way you have to walk up to the window and tell the girl what you want.  They have a height chart that says if you're shorter than the line, you get a free baby cone, and I didn't even have to stand at the chart!  The girl just gave me a free vanilla baby cone, tipped into a dish, just like Mommy's not-free Big People Graham Central Station cone.  I did notice that Mommy's ice cream cone was waffle, and mine was just a regular cone, but I still felt special, just the same.  And then, we ate at a picnic table!  In October! 

WE'RE GOIN' TO BRUSTER'S!
There's a farmer's market right next to my Bruster's, and they were having a big, B-I-G Pumpkin Festival.  I've never been to a pumpkin festival before, but I could see bouncy houses and a giant apple that Aunt Colleen said sells caramel and candy apples, and there were LOTS of people!  And music!  Sometime, I'd like to go to the pumpkin festival next door to Bruster's, but then stop off for some ice cream before going back to Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz's house, of course!

Aunt Colleen and me in front of the sign to our favorite place!
I feel like everything at Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz's is magical, and the ice cream is no exception.   I can see why Aunt Colleen says that if you're having a bad day, just go get some ice cream.  Any kind will do, but if you're near a Bruster's, theirs is the best!  It's just like magic in a cone in a dish!  One bite, and you just can't frown anymore.  You just can't, Big People!

I guess the place at home that comes this close to making me so happy is the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville.  Both Bruster's and the Texas Hot are magical places of wonder for me.  And that's a fact, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment