Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Today's the Day: Happy HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEN!

Stay tuned for me in this costume this year!
 Hiya, Friends!  Well, today's the day!  It's Halloweeeeeeeeeen!  I'm so excited!  It's been such a week already, and today's finally the day, and I'll tell ya what, I'm not sleeping through it this time!  I'm not sleeping at all, by golly!

Anyway, I haven't put on my costume yet.  I'm going to put it on later today, and Mommy will take pictures, and I'll put them up on this blog tomorrow!  How about that?

You know what I like about Halloween, Friends?  I mean, what I like about it already?  It's a day when you can really be anything you want to be.  If you want to be a princess, you can be a princess.  If you want to be a piglet, you can be a piglet.  Why, if you want to be a vampire or a zombie or a ghost or a computer programmer or a butcher, you can be all those things, too for the day! 

I like clothes that double as anatomy charts!
Halloween is a day of endless possibility!

When else can you just open up your imagination and make it so?  When, Friends?  You can be ANYTHING you want to be on Halloween!  You don't even have to be in your own species!  Look at me, for instance.  I'm going as a piglet today!  That doesn't mean I want to be a piglet for real!  But it's fun to try it out for just the day!

But what if next year, I dress up like a doctor, and I like being a doctor, and I like it so much that I decide I'm going to work really hard in school and college and go to doctor-school, so I can be a doctor every day?  Why, that'd be something, wouldn't it?

I don't have to decide what I want to be everyday when I grow up, not for a long time.  So I have lots of Halloweens to try lots of things on.  I have lots of days in lots of years to open up my imagination and explore the possibilities, and you bet that I'm going to!
Pumpkin for a day, on my first Halloween!

Halloween just seems like a door.  A door for my imagination, and all I have to do is walk up to it, bold as brass, and knock, or maybe push the doorbell, then when the door opens up, I'll say 'Hiiiiiiiiiiiiya!' and walk right through, and just sit down with Possibility, and flip through the pages and pages of what Possibility has to offer! 

I think it can work for any of us like that, Friends!  It doesn't have to just be little people like me who gets to have endless possibilities!  I hope that today, you knock on Halloween's Door to your Imagination, and flip through all the Possibilities it has for you! 

And, too, I here there's lots of candy to be had on Halloween.  Here's to endless possibilities, and a bottomless bag of candy!  And always remember: Zoe loves you, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment