Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

What's Better Than a Toy that Makes Noise?

Oh my goodness, it sings, too!
Hiya, Big People!  Zoe here.  Hey.  I've got a riddle for you.  What's better than a toy that makes noise?  Do you know?  Well I'll tell you.

The only thing better than a toy that makes noise is having all your toys that make noise, playing all at once!  Some people might call this a cacophony, but I call it great! 

I like to hear how all the sounds layer and mix and meld with each other.  Then I like to hear if I can separate out just one element of the party, and really focus on it. 

Sometimes, I come across some really exciting and interesting juxtapositions.  For instance, my Ballapalooza plays upbeat, 80s- sounding music, and my keyboard plays classical, my activity table plays blues, and my Apptivity Monkey sort of sounds a little rag-timey.  And all those different musics sort of swirl up together and make for some interesting and pleasant listening.

You ought to try it sometime, Friends!  Turn on your radio and hair dryer and vacuum cleaner and blender at the same time, and if you don't trip a breaker, then grind up some coffee, get your dog barking, and maybe make the phone ring, and then just sit back and enjoy the Sound Stew!  It's really fun! 

Wait a minute.  Is the telephone ringing?  Can somebody turn everything off?  I think the phone's ringing.  It could be somebody calling, to take us out for ice cream or donuts or pizza, and we don't want to miss the call!

No comments:

Post a Comment