Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Hats: I Just Don't Care For 'Em!

Hats make my hair all bad-messy!
 Hiya, Friends!

Can you tell me something?  Why do you Big People think babies like to war hats and socks?  I want you to listen to me on this one, because it's really important.  We don't like 'em!  At least I don't!

And now that the weather is getting a bite to it, Mommy's constantly trying to shove my feet into socks, and to stuff my head under a hat.  She has this pink hat with a flower on it that she tells me is cool.  'Hipster,' I think the word is that she uses.  Well, I don't WANT to be a hipster, if I even knew what that was, especially if these hipsters wear hats.

See, hats make my head hot, and then I sweat, and my hair gets all messy.  I mean bad-messy.  See, there's two kinds of messy hair.  The first kind is stylish-messy, and the other messy is 'Mommy Made Me Wear A Hat And This Is What It Did To My Hair' messy.  The picture of me at left is the second kind of messy.  See how my curly fin on top is sproinged all over the place, without a rhyme or a reason?  It's not the nice whippy-dip curl I strive so hard to achieve when I do my hair.

My hat makes a good toy.  Not a good hat.
Mommy says that the hat is to keep my head from getting cold, since I don't have a lot of hair yet.  Always having to take a jab at my thin-hairedness, that Mommy.  But I counter her with the fact that my head ISN'T cold, and I'm not cold.  In fact, I'm pretty warm.  I agree to wearing my legwarmers, but she better not dare trying to put shoes or socks on my feet.  My feet being able to breathe keeps the whole rest of me comfortable.

I don't know.  Maybe come wintertime, I might enjoy a hat or socks a little more.  Right now, I feel like both are a nuisance meant to be cast off at every opportunity. 

What I do know is this: I don't care for socks and hats right now, and I doubt I'm the only baby in the world who feels this way, so I just wish Big People would think twice before they try to make us wear them.  That's all I'm saying, Friends.  I'm not trying to pick a fight.  I'm just sharing my likes and dislikes.  You can keep on wearing a hat and socks if you like, but I don't like.  That's all.
I know why the Mad Hatter went mad!


No comments:

Post a Comment