Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lights

Pay no attention to the silly flower on my head.
Hiya, Friends!  Let's just ignore my silly big flower on my head.  That Mommy just doesn't listen to me when I tell her I don't want silly big flowers on my head.  Please don't say it's cute, because that only encourages her. 

I don't want to talk about big silly flowers today, though, Friends!  I want to talk about something that's fascinated me ever since I was born, and that is lights. 

When I opened my eyes for the first time, the first thing I saw with them was the lights in the ceiling.  They were pretty great, those lights.  And then, there were different lights on, the next morning, and I could hardly take my eyes off them to look at my visitors.  When I'd go from Mommy's and my hospital room in the Wheelie, I'd watch the lights in the corridor above me.  What a marvel!

So I guess I'm not surprised that I love any kind of lights.  We have some really cool ones at my house.  They're metal, and they have all kinds of crystals hanging on them.  What's that word Mommy calls them?  Shandermeer?  Candle-ear?  Musketeer?  No.  I remember.  Chandelier!  That's what they are!  We have one in our living room, right over the couch we sit on, and another one in our dining room, and when I'm eating in my high chair, I look up at the chandelier and sometimes I see honest-to-goodness rainbows on the wall around the room.  How about that?!  We have a little chandelier in the front hallway that we call the "Egg Lamp" because it's shaped like an egg, kind of, but it's made of those chandelier crystals.  I just love it. 

There's a light in the kitchen that hangs from the ceiling by black chains, and we have big coffee cups hooked to it.  It's pretty neat, too. 

Lights are a beautiful reason to keep looking up!
My favorite lights in our house, though, are the ones that are on the ceiling fans.  I love watching those fans go around and around.  I can't tell you for sure when I noticed the ceiling fans for the first time.  It could have been way back when I still needed to get up in the middle of the night to eat.  You see, besides the light with a ceiling fan in my room, I have this little light that's a lady-bug, and you can push a button on it, and it'll make stars on my walls and ceiling, and the cool thing I noticed about the fan and that light is that they work together.  The fan goes around and around and the stars shine up on it, and it makes it look like the stars are 3-D!  I just can't get enough of watching that, even now.

When I go to other places, one of the first things I do is check out the kinds of lights there are.  One time, we ate lunch at TGIFridays, and I couldn't help but notice that the light over our table looked like a light-up drum with a star on it!  It reminded me of my drum at home, that lights up when I play it! 

I think I'm always going to like lights of all kinds.  They're eye-catching, and they're a beautiful reason to keep looking up!  I hope you see some interesting lights in your travels, too, Friends, or maybe even have some cool lights in your very own house! 



1 comment:

  1. Love the caption, "Lights are a beautiful reason to keep looking up!"

    ReplyDelete