Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Where No Little Giraffes Are

This chair looks almost like my size!
 Hiya, Friends!  As you know, I recently visited the Jeep dealership.  Now, usually when I'm out and about, wherever I go, I like to network and seek out Little Giraffes and find ways of helping them.  It's my personal responsibility as a Tiger Baby to help the Little Giraffes.  You know all this.  But guess what- there are no Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Erwin at the dealership.  Not, at least, that I've met.  Yet.

So with no networking or helping or problem solving to do for my work with the Little Giraffes, I avail myself of the playing facilities!  Even Tiger Babies have to unwind sometimes, and there's lots of room for me to do just that, in the play area!  Mommy usually pulls my stroller across the doorway to keep me in, and I can wander all over the whole room! 
But ooooooh- what's this? A monster truck!

 I've shot a few reports for The Daily Zoe over on the Facebook from this very play area.  It's easy for me to think there.  The carpet's a nice, bright red, there's lots of bright light- not pretty lights like I was talking about yesterday, but regular fluorescent lights, which get the job done, and that's all we can really ask of them.  But that's okay.

And then there are all the brightly-colored toys!  I love the bright colors on the toys!  I like all the colors, and it's hard for me to pick a favorite.  Some days, it's red.  Some days, I like yellow.  I like to wear purple best, mostly, and that's Mommy's favorite color, but as for what color I like best, I like them all best right now!

Mommy says this is a Sit'n'Spin, but I have a better name for it!


Some of the toys, I'm not quite big enough for yet.  There's a neato pinball machine in the one corner.  I'm just big enough to reach the flipper buttons, but not big enough to play.  That's all right.  I'll be big enough someday, and besides, there's all kinds of other things I like to play with right now.  There's a police jet-ski-looking rocking toy that I featured on a report on Facebook.  And then there's this other thing:

Mommy says it's a Sit'n'Spin, but I've always called it a Spin'n'Spew, because the idea is that you sit on it, and turn the wheel in the middle, and the whole thing spins you around and around.  Now, I have a really strong constitution, and I don't get dizzy very easily, but I know some people do, and it just seems a little dangerous to have a thing where the whole idea is to sit on it and let it spin you around and around and around and around.  Especially if you've just eaten a lot of corn-dogs or whatever people eat before they ride the Sit'n'Spin. 

That's not to say that it isn't kind of fun.  I wanted to ride it the other day, and Mommy let me.  I think she was going easy on me, because I didn't spin around and around and around all fast-like.  I had a more gentle ride that offered me 360-degree views of the play area.
I work hard for the Little Giraffes, but I also play hard!

You know what they need in that play area?  Maybe a mural!  That'd be great!  But I like it with plain white walls, too, because when I'm in there, I can imagine whatever I want to see on the walls, and make the play area anywhere I want it to be!

Woah.  You know what I just realized, Friends?  That designated play area at my Jeep Dealership is kind of like a great big Imaginatron 2100!  Wow!  How about that?!  And you know, my Imaginatron 2100 is my favorite toy ever!  I wonder if the dealership people know about this.  Should I tell them?  Should I keep it to myself?  Either way, it's a pretty neat thing, to have an entire room-sized Imaginatron 2100!

So that's that, Big People.  That's what I occupy my time with, when there are no Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Wherever I Am When I'm Out and About!  I find myself some fun.  It's important to work hard, but when you have some free time, Friends, it's important to play hard, too.  And that's just what I do!





No comments:

Post a Comment