Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

My Visit to Duplo Tower and Duplo Plaza

This is me outside of Duplo Tower!
 Hiya, Friends!  The other day, I had the opportunity to visit Duplo Tower and Duplo Plaza.  It's a very busy place.  The Duplos work there!

Duplo Tower is a very interesting place, located in the middle of Duplo Plaza.  The Duplo Tower reminds me of Buffalo Central Terminal, because it has Art Deco setbacks, and a clock in the top of the tower.  And just like Buffalo Central Terminal's tower, the Duplo Tower is where, among other things, some of the Duplo people keep the trains running smoothly through Duploland.  Trains are still a major mode of transportation in Duploland, because it isn't really big enough in Duploland to need to fly places.  And plus, the Duplo people like to read on their way to work, and trains are great for that!
This is my friend, Irv Duplo's corner office at Duplo Tower!

My friend Irv Duplo, or Irvin P. Duplo the Fourth, is from the family who founded Duploland and built Duplo Tower.  His office is in the corner of the Tower, so you know Irv's really important.  Before moving into the corner office of the Duplo Tower, Irv Duplo graduated from Duploland University with a degree in business administration and Russian  Literature.  How about that?! 

I thought that was quite a combination, business administration and Russian Literature.  I asked Irv about it, and he said he just really enjoys reading Russian Literature, and that if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life.  So he also had a major in business administration, because not working a day in your life doesn't keep the lights on at Duplo Tower.

Irv and I had a great visit at the Snack Bar in Duplo Plaza!
Anyway, Irv's a really important Duplo, but he's such a nice fellow!  He took me to the Snack Bar in Duplo Plaza, and bought me a Bambinoccino and a pastry.  He heard how much I love Bambinoccinos and pastries, and there they were!  I think it was the best pastry I've ever had!

I wanted to know what all they do at Duplo Tower, besides keeping all the trains in Duploland running smoothly.  As it turns out, they have a call center in the Duplo tower!  So while I was there, I took some calls, and sent out some calls.   It was really busy, and I felt very important, calling and taking calls at the Duplo Tower Call Center. 
Working hard at Duplo Tower.
What I like most about being me is that I get to meet lots of new people, or new Little Giraffes, or the Duplos.  It's so much fun, and I learn a lot from everybody I meet.  It's a pretty great life.

By the way, I LOVED the orange phone I got to use at the Duplo Tower Call Center!  That orange phone had style!  You know what would go great with an orange phone like that?  A disco ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment