Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Boy Oh Boy, Summer's Really Here!

It's so hot I almost melted!
Hiya, Big People!  Well, how about that summertime?  Wanna know how hot it was at my house yesterday?  Nindeeeee-One.  Phwew!

I guess that after all these days in June where I've been all duded up in long sleeves and legwarmers are over, and now I'm switchin' to complainin' about how hot it is.  Just like that!  *Snap!*

That was me snapping my fingers, not me saying 'Snap!' like I'm saying 'Oh, snap!'

Although, my house doesn't have central air conditioning like Aunt Colleen's house does, so maybe what I AM saying is "Oh, Snap! It's hot outside and inside!"  Sheesh.  Everything's better at Aunt Colleen's!  Everything!
Oooh, ooooh, wait!  It's so hot it feels like a volcano!

Well, back to the weather.

I have my mushroom pool.  I like my mushroom pool!  I think my mushroom swimming pool, out on the gazebo, with the ceiling fan spinning, and me with a popsicle... that's the plan for this hot weather! 

I think I might also go on some vacations in my head.  To Hawaii again.  That's my favorite Vacation in my Head (TM) destination, and even though it seems counter-intuitive to VIMH(TM) to a place that's as warm as the place where I am, it really isn't.  See, if I pretend I'm somewhere that people know how to deal with the heat, I can deal with it better, by extension. 

Aloha!  There!  Feelin' cooler already!
Plus, it's just fun as all get-out, pretending I'm a surfer girl in Hawaii!  Am I right, Friends?!

Hey, I'll bring you to Hawaii on a Vacation In Our Heads if you bring a misting fan and some popsicles!  Does that sound like a plan to you, Friends?  It sounds like a plan to me!

A word to the wise, Friends: whether we're here in Pennsylvania for real, or in Hawaii in our heads, the sun's hot and is gonna burn ya if ya don't wear your sunscreen, okay?  Lather up and let's get some rays!

I love ya, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment