Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Learn To Do My Dance!

Hey!  You!  Come dance with me!  It'll do ya some good!
Hiya, Friends!  Back a while ago, I came up with a dance that I like to call "The Zoe." You may or may not remember this.  I can't remember when I made up "The Zoe" dance, because it feels like I've been dancing it my whole entire life.  The one thing I'm sure about is that the way this incarnation of "The Zoe" is danced, I started doing after I got my land-legs under me.

"The Zoe" is easy to learn.  You just stand with your feet under you, and you bend side-to-side, like this: bend, bend, bend, clap-clap-clap, bend, bend, bend, clap-clap-clap!

That's the first part.  I wantchya to do it a few times to get comfortable with the moves, before I go teachin' you the rest.  There's gonna be some footwork involved, so I want you to be good and comfortable with the bend-bend-bend, clap-clap-clap part.  I have a couple tips for ya, too, Friends.  You can bend as much or as little as you want.  You just don't want to bend so much that it slows you down.  And you don't bend and clap at the same time.

Got it?  Okay, give it a try now!  Bend-bend-bend, clap-clap-clap, bend-bend-bend, clap-clap-clap.  Okay, the new part's coming up, so pay attention!  Whatchya do is walk around in a circle, either clockwise or counter-clockwise.  It doesn't matter to me if it doesn't matter to you.  Make it your favorite -wise!  Now, while you're walking in the circle, make Snow Angel Arms.  Do it kind of slow and graceful-like, not all birdsy-flappsy.

Maybe the best way to explain how fast to make your Snow Angel Arms is to make it kind of the same speed as what you're walking around in a circle.  Because they're connected to each other, the walk and the arms.  In fact, I just call the whole move "Snow Angel Arms," collectively.

"The Zoe" Dance is fun, like me!  Try it!
So once you've mastered that, you basically have the whole "The Zoe" down!  Wanna try it with me? 

Let's go!

Bend-bend-bend
Clap! Clap! Clap!
Bend-bend-bend
Clap! Clap! Clap!
now
Snow Angel Arms!
Snow Angel Arms!
and
Snow Angel Arms!
Strike a dramatic ending Pose!

Well done, Friends!

Dancin's good for what ails ya!
You know, "The Zoe" is a great dance to do when you're feeling down and need a pick-me-up, or when you're feeling happy and need to dance to show how happy you are, or when you have some nervous energy to burn off.  It's pretty much a great dance to do whenever you want or need to dance!  And as you've just found out, it's really easy to learn and do!

I thought about learning a new dance for the summer, the other day, Friends.  I thought "The Zoe" was too simple and silly, and I thought I needed a new dance.  Well, it was a mess, Friends.  All the fun was swooshed right out of dancing for me.  It made me sad!

Well, then, I decided dancing shouldn't make me sad or stressed out. Dancing should make me smile and laugh and make my heart dance, too!  So my dance is, and always will be "The Zoe" Dance, Friends!  I've gotta be true to me!  You can do my "The Zoe" Dance, but I encourage you to find a dance that's yours, too!   Then you can teach it to me! 

I really believe that you can't know too many dances, Big People.  You can't know how to do enough dances.  But if you're doing a dance that doesn't make you happy and doesn't let your heart dance, you've gotta find yourself another dance.  You've gotta be true to yourself, Friends.

Remember, I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment