Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Mayberry

Tell me more about these fireflies!
Hiya, Friends! You know, this summertime thing is pretty great!  I spent all winter cooped up in the house, and now I get to go outside and play with bubbles outside whenever I want!  I can hang out on the porch, and when I do, I pretend I'm in Mayberry!

I betchya there weren't Amish buggies going up and down the main drag in Mayberry, though.  On the other hand, in Mayberry, they had Andy and Barney and Aunt Bea and Opie.  I don't have those people here in the Bing.

I like to imagine I do, though.  I like to imagine that Andy and Barney drive by in their police car, and that Aunt Bea's baking me a pie.  I love pie.  Not as much as I love cake, but pretty much anything baked, I like a lot. 

We don't get many baked things here at my house in the summertime.  Mommy says it makes the kitchen too hot, and also that she can't leave baked things alone.

There is TOO such a thing as magic!
But in my imaginary Mayberry, Aunt Bea can bake because the oven keeps all its hot inside and doesn't let it out in the rest of the kitchen.  How about that?!  It isn't air conditioning.  I don't think they had air conditioning in Mayberry.  It's pretty much magic. 

What's that? ... You don't think they had magic in Mayberry?  Well, I'm pretty sure they did.  It wasn't the kind of magic that has to announce itself as magic like in Harry Potter.  It was just quiet magic, like the kind in Aunt Bea's oven that doesn't make the whole kitchen hot when she bakes in the summertime, so I can have a nice slice 'a' pie whenever I want one, even if it's eleventy-eight outside.

You know what else I imagine?  I imagine that Aunt Bea comes over to sing me "Toot-toot-Tootsie!" and play the piano. That Aunt Bea can really play the piano and sing. And Opie and I go fishin'.  In my imagination, I'm an awesome fisherperson, even better than Opie!  It's okay if it's not really that way, because that's the whole point in having an imagination.  You can make happen whatever you want!

You just hafta look for the magic and you'll find it!
For that matter, sometimes I imagine Andy lets me drive the police car around, AND I get to turn on the lights and the siren!  We drive around Mayberry with the lights and siren going, and people think it's a parade.

In my Mayberry, they know nothing's wrong, so if the lights and siren are on, they know it must be a parade, even if it's a really short one, and I get out my candy that I throw during parades and throw it to 'em and wave!

And then we get back to Aunt Bea's, because after every parade, there's baked things to eat.  I love baked things, like I've mentioned before, once or twice.  So there's always a baked things contest.  Pies and cakes.  Doesn't matter.  Blue ribbons for everybody!

That's my Mayberry, Friends!  It's a pretty nice place!

No comments:

Post a Comment