Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

If Nora the Giraffe Jumped Off A Bridge...

Nora's wearin' a bow, so I can too!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's happened.  I'm wearin' a hair ornament, and not throwin' a fit about it.  Today.  It doesn't mean I'm fickle in my feelings for hair ornaments.  It just means that I'm picking and choosing when I clip one in. 

You see, my Aunt Colleen got me a T-shirt with a picture of my friend Nora the Giraffe on it.  You know how much I love that Nora.  She's such an inspiration.  And she's so, so sweet.  I just love Nora!  Well, on this T-shirt with her picture on it, she's wearin' a bright neon yellow flower!  I think she looks great!

It got me thinking.  If Nora looks so nice with a hair ornament, maybe I would, too.  So this morning, I asked Mommy for a bow, and she put one in my hair that's the same color as Nora's flower!

You know, I didn't like to wear hats, and then I saw Nora at the mall, and she was wearing a floppy hat, and I thought she looked nice, so I tried wearing a hat out in the sun, and you know what?  I love hats now!

I understand how this all could beg the question "If Nora the Giraffe jumped off a bridge, would you jump too?"  And I hafta assure you that it isn't like that at all.  I don't copy-cat EVERYTHING Nora does.  I just admire her, that's all!

Bows aren't all bad, I think!
How it works is I see her wearing something like a hat or a hair bow, you know, things I've been known to resist.  And she's getting along just fine with whatever it is, and I see that Nora can get on great with a hair-bow, or a hat, and it inspires me to try a hat or a bow, and then I find out it isn't so bad!  That's not copy-catting.  Not really.  I don't think it is, anyway.  There's a difference between being inspired by someone and copy-catting them.  At least that's what I think.

But to answer the question at hand that wasn't actually asked, but I know you're thinking it, I'd hafta say if Nora jumped off a bridge, would I?  No.  Certainly not.  Why is Nora jumping off the bridge?  Is it a high bridge?  Maybe there's a fire on the bridge, and the only way to save yourself is to jump off it.  If that's the case, then I certainly would jump off the bridge!  Yes I would!

But not because Nora jumped off the bridge.  I'd jump because it's a good idea in that instance.  Know when to lead and when to follow.  That's what I say!  I love ya, Big People!  Muah!




No comments:

Post a Comment