Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

HAPPY NATIONAL DONUT DAY!

What's that? ... Yes, I ordered ahead this year!
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii-YA, Big People!  Do you know why I'm so exited?  It's finally National Donut Day!  I've been waiting all year for this, and have made sure my co-workers and I will be enjoying National Donut Day in style, eating all kinds of nice jelly donuts, and angel creme donuts, and Bavarian creme donuts, and Boston Creme Pie donuts, and powdered donuts, maple-glazed donuts, sprinkled donuts, crullers, bow-ties, fritters, bear-claws...

In other words, my co-workers and I are gonna do National Donut Day up right.  Not like last year.  I think I told you all about last year.  I put off ordering donuts last year until the last minute, because I didn't know what National Donut Day is all about, and the Donut Shop ran all out of donuts, so we ended up eating Little Chocolate Donuts from the bakery aisle at the grocery store.  I'm not saying I'd turn down a Little Chocolate Donut if there was no other donut to celebrate National Donut Day with, but I admit that I felt kinda lame for letting down my coworkers like that.

I know. Last year, I dropped the ball.
Now, I'm not sure where things like TimBitz or Munchkins fall on National Donut Day.  By rights, those things are donut holes, and you'd think that if someone from TimmyHo's or Dunkin' Donuts were astute, they'd come up with a National Donut Holes Day, the way Hallmark, Kay Jeweler, and Coleman Grills invented Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Valentine's Day.  You'd think they'd have that covered, National Donut Holes Day.  As far as I can find on the World Wide Web, though, is that there isn't a formal day set aside to celebrate Donut Holes. 

It's neither here nor there to me.  If I'm celebrating National Donut Day, I wanna make sure I celebrate with the great-big donuts I see you Big People eating all the time.  That's what I've ordered for my coworkers, and that's what we'll be eating in the Conference Room today!

Besides, another thing that leads me to believe that Donut Holes should get their own National Day, completely separate from National Donut Day, is that there's a whole saying, a creed if you will, that Donut Makers say:
"As you ramble through Life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal.
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole."

Be sure to celebrate donuts today, Friends!
That tells me right there that you fall into one of two camps: somebody who likes donuts, or somebody who likes donut holes.  I say for the sake of argument and also as an excuse to have two National Days a year devoted to donuts and donut products, somebody should enact a National Donut Hole Day as well. 

I guess, though, since there is no rule yet about what kind of donut you celebrate today, on this National Donut Day, celebrated on the first Friday of every June, and anticipated every Friday of the year, just be sure to celebrate some kind of donut, yes?  Creme-filled, glaze-dipped, or the hole variety, or heck, one of each.  I'm sure that to help counter-balance National Donut Day, there's bound to be a National Day of Celery and Carrots that you can take part in, coming up.

So anyway, Friends, Happy National Donut Day!

I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment