Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

It's the Summer Solstice!

Goggle up!  It's summertime!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, guess what?  Overnight, the Summer Solstice occurred.  Do you know what that means?  It means we've reached the longest day of the year.  The First Day Of Summer.

Time to slather on your sunscreen!  Time to put the top down on your convertible automobile.  Time for me to get out my mushroom swimming pool.

Time for me to point out a certain irony.  Now, I remember a few months ago, right before Christmastime, we had the Winter Solstice, and it was the shortest day of the year, and everybody was all like 'oh, man, now it's gonna get darker earlier, and it's winter, and it's gonna be cold,' and whatever else Big People complain about in the wintertime.  But the thing of it is, the Winter Solstice is the darkest that it gets, Friends!  We have nowhere to go but lighter more minutes a day from there!

The real bummer, I think, is knowing that today's the longest day of the whole entire year.  This is it, Friends.  Yet, nobody seems awfully upset to see the Summer Solstice.  I think this is because it's summertime, and the weather's so nice that we have other things to dwell on than the days getting shorter.  And that's fine.  I'm not saying everybody's wrong for being all happy about the summer and all bummed about the winter.  I get it.  I just wanted to acknowledge that there's some epic irony at play.  At least it's epic irony for me.

I'm little and haven't experienced much, so what I do experience usually really bowls me over.

Anyway, Friends! Today's the First Day of Summer!  Goggle up, get your sunscreen on, and just Live It Up in general. 

After all... Winter's coming....

Hahahahahahahahaha!  Honk if ya get it!  Winter's coming! 

Awww, I love ya, Friends!  Muah!



No comments:

Post a Comment