Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Now I Know What a Hand-Truck Is

So where's the hand truck I put this device in?
Hiya, Friends!  Well, as you know, the other day was National Donut Day, and it was my job to go to the Donut Shop to fetch the donuts for the conference room so my coworkers and I could celebrate the holiday right! 

I was all excited that this was my job to do on National Donut Day, because it meant I got to drive a hand truck!  In my head, I had visions of a glorious, big, shiny red pickup truck with big black wheels, and a chrome grille and bumpers, and a quad-cab, but I would have been equally as thrilled with a regular cab, and a steering wheel and a Hemi under the hood.

Well, I guess you know that's not exactly how things went when I went to sign out the hand truck.  I was looking for my nice, shiny ride all over the place, and the fella at the desk pointed to this funny, flat device and said there it is.

There what is?

Oh.  This IS the hand truck.
The hand truck I was s'posed to be taking to the donut shop.  The funny, flat device folded out to a platform on the front, and wheels on the back, and it's meant to be pushed or pulled while rolling the load you need to move, and by the looks of it, it wasn't even a heavy-duty hand truck at that.

I know I was just going to the donut shop to pick up the donuts for me and my coworkers, but I was expecting something just... more than the "Magna Cart."

Oh, cheese us hates rice, NOW I get what they did with that hand truck's name.  "Magna Cart."  Ha.  It's a humorous play on "Magna Carta," the document signed into law in 1215 by King John of England that guaranteed rights to Englishmen and stopped the King from being able to do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, mostly.

Before you start thinkin' King John was all good, the people forced him to sign the Magna Carta.  If he didn't, they threatened to make him listen to Nikki Minaj over and over again.  Or whoever the Thirteenth Century version of Nikki Minaj happened to be.

Back to my hand truck issue.  Real funny, Magna Cart people.  Real funny!

I'm guessin' it doesn't have a Hemi.
Anyway, the fella at the desk asked me what I expected, being a baby and all, and not having a license.  Yeah, I corrected him and said I'm a toddler, which isn't a baby anymore at all, and he said whatever, I still didn't have a driver's license.

Well, here's what I expected.  I expected that I'd just sign a driver's license out while I signed the truck out, and then turn both things in at the desk again at the end of my errand.  Apparently that just doesn't work. 

I liked the idea.

I didn't need a license to drive the hand truck, and it worked pretty well for me and Sabretooth when we went to the Donut Shop.  Our friend Donut Dude was there, and he stacked our boxes 'n' boxes of donuts on the hand truck, and we wheeled them back to the office, and put 'em in the conference room.

All things considered, it was a good National Donut Day for us, but boy, I'm still kinda sniffy about the Hand Truck Incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment