Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Comedy's Harder Than We Thought It'd Be!

Rozzie and I haven't come up with a funny video yet.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, Rozzie and I are still slogging along with trying to come up with ideas for what we're gonna do to get on America's Funniest Videos and win the boatload of money.  We both know what we'll do with our half of the boatload of money- Rozzie's gonna buy some Greenies with hers, and I'm gonna invest mine and have like four boatloads of money- but what we're gonna do to get ourselves noticed on the show is another matter.

See, comedy's really hard work.  Some people make it look really easy, like that Ellen DeGeneres lady.  She's HI-larious!  And she makes it seem like it's just Ellen bein' Ellen.  And probably she is just bein' Ellen.

Neither Rozzie nor I are Ellen.  I mean, how could we be?  And even if we could, people would say we're just copy-catting Ellen, and we wanna be our own thing.

I think the problem's me, Friends!
Technical question: Can Rozzie copy-cat somebody?  I mean, she's a dog.  You never hear of copy-dogging.  But it doesn't seem right, if Rozzie is imitating someone else, that somebody says she's copy-catting.  Then again, I've never seen that Rozzie copy-cat or copy-dog anybody.  She's pretty much an original.

And she makes me laugh all the time!

Gets me to thinkin' that the problem with our comedy duo is me.  I know Rozzie's hilarious.  But me?  I don't know.  I can't just be funny if you point to me and say "be funny!"  I get kinda nervous and self-conscious.  I start to thinking that maybe what I think is funny isn't funny to anybody else, and I end up just standing there.

This is a big problem in the context of Rozzie's and my plan to win a boatload of money on America's Funniest Videos.  I'm starting to see why so many people decide to ride their dirtbikes off a ramp and into the above-ground swimming pool.  I see why they let their kids hit them in their jiggly bits with a baseball bat.  I see why they send in their videos of their spontaneous mishaps with garden hoses.

Friends, I just had a thought: what if I'm Just Not That Funny?!
That's funny stuff.  And it doesn't take any effort.

I don't wanna drive that route, though, Big People.  If I'm gonna buy things with a boatload of money I won on a television show, I wanna be able to look at the things I bought and know that I didn't go for the easy laugh to win that money.  I wanna know that I didn't let myself be hurt, or that I didn't hurt anybody else to win that money.

It's got me thinkin', Friends, that maybe I'm just not cut out for the comedy.  Maybe I'm just not that funny.  ... No, no, don't be all like 'awwwww, Zoe, you're funny!'  You don't need to do that.  Thank you, though.  But you don't need to do that.  When I say I'm just not very funny, I think I mean I'm not the kind of funny I need to be to win the boatload of cash from the television show.

Don't feel bad for me, Friends!  Integrity.  That's what I'm all about.  I love ya, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment