Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Someday, I'm Gonna Be a Driver, Baby!

Um, well, I always love a good Jeep!
 Hiya, Friends!

You know what?  I've been thinkin'.  One of these days, I'm gonna be getting myself a driver's license.  That means that the time for me to think about what kind of car I'm gonna drive is right now!

I loved my Pink Jeep.  I really did.  It was nice 'n' sporty.  I just don't see very many pink Jeeps out on the real road.  Maybe I'll drive a different color Jeep out on the real road, and off it.  I like that a Jeep can go off the road and not worry about getting hung up on a pebble!

I love the Challenger Mommy and Daddy have.  I call that my "Sassy Car," and I love riding in it, now that I get to face forward in the car.  Last summer, I had to ride backwards, and it was all right, but not much fun, especially not in the Challenger.  The sun was always in my face!  But this year, I've gotten to sit in the bucket seats, when the Sassy Car's parked in the driveway, and they're really comfortable, and they make me feel like a racecar driver!  So maybe I'll drive around a Challenger when I'm bigger!  A 2027 Challenger in the driveway would not hurt my feelings!

But I love the sporty cars, too.
Neither would a 2027 Jeep, unless Challengers and Jeeps look stupid by 2027!  I do not want to drive around in a stupid-looking car!

The thing about the Challenger is that Mommy's said that in the winter, it's like a pig on ice.  Winter where I live lasts three-quarters of the year!  So maybe a 2027 Dodge Challenger isn't really the kind of car for me.  Not right away, anyway.

I was thinking that if I had a pickup truck, I could do lotsa shopping.  You know.  I'd get the quad-cab and then I'd have all that wonderful space in the back to carry my packages.  I could even get a diesel pickup truck, and one of those goose-neck trailers, so I could bring along a toy-hauler on my shopping trips.  I've BEEN to Toys'R'Us, and if ever there were a place to shop where you'd need a toy-hauler to haul everything home, it's Toys'R'Us, to be sure!

Wait! Convertibles look like lotsa fun!
Um.... then I'd hafta learn how to back up with a trailer, though.  I've seen Daddy do it a few times, and he makes it look easy.  I've seen Mommy try it once, and not only did it not look easy, she also said some words, and some of them rhymed with 'truck.'

I could probably get by with just the pickup truck portion, and maybe reserve getting the toy-hauler as an option someday, when I'm good at backin' up.

Another kind of car I like that I've seen at some car shows is the kind of car where you can put the top up or you can put the top down.  What are those called? ... Convertibles!  Of course!  Makes lotsa sense!  Convertibles!  I can see myself tooling around different towns with my convertible top down, and my hair blowing in the wind.  A convertible sure would make it easy to say 'Hiya!' to the people I see when I'm out and about!  It sure as heck would!

Oh, right... there IS that winter thing...
But then there's that winter thing again, and the way it settles in and just sticks around for too long.  I betchya a convertible with the top down isn't much fun in the winter, and if you're gonna drive it around with the top up all the time, why not just drive a regular car.  Know what I'm sayin', Friends?

When I really think about what kind of car I wanna drive when I'm old enough to drive, I just don't know.  I like the off-road capability of Jeeps.  I love the sportiness and head-turning good looks of the Challenger.  I love the cargo capabilities of a pickup truck.  I like the idea of tooling around in a little convertible with my hair blowing in the breeze.  But it all comes back to wintertime.

I guess if I got to pick a vehicle today, I'd probably pick out a Zamboni, and here's why.  My hair could blow in the breeze as I drove it.  It's as cool as a sports car, as sporty as a Jeep.  It really can't haul stuff like a pickup truck can, but at least on the roads where I live, when they're all icy and slippery, my Zamboni and I could keep the road surface nice and groomed for everybody else.  I could hire myself out to Zamboni people's streets so that they can play Icy Street Hockey, which isn't a thing now, but it will be in 2027, when I can drive and when I have my Zamboni.

I know!  I'll drive a Zamboni!
And if I made enough money, grooming people's streets for Icy Street Hockey, I could probably be able to afford another vehicle if I wanted.  And maybe, just maybe I could make enough money to get a really neat car with a lobster tank right in it, so I could finally adopt a lobster and name it Lerbert, and I wouldn't have to worry about Mommy and Daddy and their severe allergies to lobster dander.  Lerbert could live in his tank, right in my car!  And we could go on all kinds of adventures together!  I'd have it all rigged up so that his water'd always be the perfect temperature, regardless of what kind of temperatures are going on outside.

I think I have it all figured out now, Friends!  Thank you for listening to my thoughts!  And watch out when you see me in my Zamboni, in fifteen years!  I don't wanna run over ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment