Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Go Team!

Time to go to WLorD practice!
Friends, did you know that I participate in my company's intramural Win, Lose, or Draw league?  Well, I do, and I'm not the captain.  Just a Win, Lose, or Drawer, and I'll tell you something.  When you're on a Win, Lose or Draw team... How's about I just shorten it to WLorD from here on out?

Anyway, when you're on a WLorD team, it sure helps if you and your teammates are on the same wavelength, you know what I mean? 

Now, it seems that everyone else on my team is all on the same wavelength, mentally.  They're all dialed in to each other pretty well, evidently, because over and over again at team practices, and even at WLorD games, because someone will draw a straight line, and someone else will guess "Spaghetti!" while I'm thinking that I need more information, or they'll draw a square.  Just a square, and someone else will shout out "Cafeteria Pizza!" and it'll be RIGHT!

We're mostly on the Lose side of that.
They get that from a SQUARE?!  I mean, it didn't even have any circles on it to represent pepperonis or anything!  Just a square.  I was shouting out "Box! Fence!  Yard! Don't Fence Me In!" etc., etc.  Cafeteria Pizza never even occurred to me!

Now, yesterday, at our team practice, my word to draw was "Pegasus."  So I drew a really nice horse.  Four legs, mane, tail, wings, and you know what my team guessed?  Gas pump.

You read that right.  They thought my horse was a gas pump.

Now, I realize I have limited skills as an artist.  I know that, and I'm working a little bit every day to get better at my drawing.  I've been working really hard on abstract concepts so I'm a better guesser.  But there's no way, no how that my Pegasus looked like a gas pump.

So I got mad. Really mad.  And I asked my teammates how in the world they got "Gas Pump" from a beautiful horse with wings. 

You know what they said, Friends?  They said they thought it was "Gas Pump" because Mobil Gas stations use a Pegasus as their logo, so they thought I was drawing the Mobil logo, which made 'em think of gas stations, which made 'em think of the pumps, and so that's how my Pegasus turned into a gas pump.

I might need to find a new WLorD team!
How would I draw a gas pump?  Why, not with a horse with wings, that's for sure.  I think I'd draw a rectangle standing up the tall way, with a dollar sign near the top, for where it tells you how much money you're exchanging for your gasoline, and then I'd draw and upside-down letter P with a curving line attached to it and the tall rectangle, and that'd be my hose.

I sure wouldn't go to all the trouble of drawing Pegasus for a gas pump!  No I wouldn't!

Sheesh.  Well, it seems like maybe it's just me, since everybody else on the team is on the same wavelength.  I know I can't put in a transfer and transfer out of my department, but I wonder if I'd be allowed to play on a different department's WLorD team.  Maybe with people whose wavelength I can find.  That'd be great!

In the meantime, Friends, I'll just keep on trying hard to find a magic wavelength that works for all of us on my team.  I'll keep trying to get myself better.  And most of all, I'll keep on loving you all, Friends!  You make my day so bright, and I love you!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment