Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Company Musical

Dean O. and I are headed to musical auditions!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, at my job, the Fun Committee's been at it again, coming up with all kindsa fun things to make working more fun.  There was the recent Win, Lose, or Draw tournament.  We had some chair races a few weeks ago.  My Chief of Transportation, Dean O. stood in for my chair, since I don't have a wheelie chair, and we won the chair races. 

It was probably cheating, but sometimes, I do work when Dean O. and I are out for a ride, going somewhere, so he said he could be considered a chair for the races.

Anyway.  Back to the other hijinx the Fun Committee's been up to.  Now, they're putting together a company musical.  It's "Las Vegas: The Musical!!!"  I don't know what it's about, or what songs are part of the musical.  All I know is that I want to be in the musical. 

At first, I tried out for a spot in the chorus line.  If I'd have gotten that spot, I woulda gotten to wear a fancy costume with a big, feathery headdress, and lotsa sequins!  Oh!  It sounded like so much fun!

Maybe we'll get to be in a scene together, Dean O.!
But there were high kicks involved, Friends!  And high-heely shoes.  High-heely shoes to be worn during the high-kicks!  Can you believe it?!

It all made me re-think wanting a spot in the chorus line.  It really did.  It made me re-think wanting a spot in the company musical, period.

And then I saw the costumes for the Giant Slot Machines.  They're these big boxes, like refrigerator-box size, and they have a pull-arm on one side, and lights that light up, and reels to make different symbols come up on the front, depending on whether or not anybody's won the jackpot.  And people get to sit inside 'em.  The slot machines have a song and dance number all their own, but the people inside don't hafta come out!  They'll just ride around on dollies, kinda like a parade float!

I had originally thought that the slot machines also wouldn't have to sing, but I was wrong.  There's a song that the slot machines sing, but there's microphones and such, so the people inside can be heard.  I found that out at my audition.

But.  I got a part.  I'm gonna be Slot Machine Number Lucky Seven!  And Dean O. gets to drive me around during the big song and dance number, so it'll be just like regular, except I'll be inside the giant slot machine costume!

We're pretty thrilled.  Our other coworkers are in the musical, too!  Pinki got a part in the chorus line, and I'm so happy for her!  She's so fabulous, and the high-kicks are right up her alley!  Rhoda's going to be Tourist from Peoria #3.  Remember the flap Rhoda and I had over her tacky outfit the other day? Well, it turns out that she came to work in-character for her audition!  And she got the part!  Hooray!!!  And Rozzie's going to be the lion that sits in front of the MGM Grand.  Sabretooth's a Cirque du Soleil performer! 

I got a part!  I'm Slot Machine Lucky #7!
They're just some of my friends in the musical with me!  We all got parts in the company musical, and everybody's so excited!

You know what I'm really excited about, Friends?  I'm really excited about getting to be part of something fun and cool that my company is doing.  Sure, we all work together every day, but this is getting to see another side, and another set of talents from everybody.  That's so exciting!

I'm also excited that I won't hafta wear high heelies, do high kicks, and wear a crazy headdress that weighs as much as I do.  I'm extra-excited that I get to sit inside the giant slot machine and eat snacks during the show if I wanna.  That'll be our little secret, Friends!  Don't tell on me!  Shhhhh!

I love ya!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment