Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Practicing Gratitude

Just taking a pause and being grateful!
Hiya, Friends!

Well, whether you know it or not, I'm a lucky kid.  It doesn't matter, really, whether or not you know it.  What's important is that I know I'm a lucky kid.  And I do.  I'm grateful for my life and all the wonderful people, puppies, and Little Giraffes in it. 

So, I've been practicing gratitude.  You know, acknowledging how good I have it, not taking it for granted, being thankful for my life and everything that I have.

It feels really good, you know, Friends.  It's a lot like counting your blessings.  When you're listing off all the good things, it's impossible to be all grumbly, because you realize even though you thought there wasn't much to be thankful for, as it turns out, there's LOTS to be thankful for!

It's easy, once you know how, Friends!

I guess what started all this Attitude of Gratitude is that I recently had some more responsibility heaped on my at work.  If you follow The Daily Zoe on the Facebook, you'll know what I'm talking about.  Besides doing The Daily Zoe, and the rest of my job responsibilities, now I'm also a traffic reporter.  I hafta report the traffic.  In a way, it's exciting, but in another way, it's kind of irritating.  I mean, how many times can you say "Be on the lookout for heavy Amish activity in the area of the 1013, and slow down and watch for Motorcycles  and deer along the 1010?"  I realize things might get more interesting come winter, but nobody's ready for winter, even me and my neat purple coat, and the traffic reports are just one more thing.

But then I step back and think about what it is that's really got me all tied up in knots.  It isn't the traffic report.  Not really.  I think it's that doing the traffic reports seems like such a daunting task, and I'm afraid I'm gonna mess it all up.  I think that's what's got me bothered.

So I'm doing what I do when I get to feeling Stuck like this, Friends.  I stop and think about things.  I drop whatever I'm doing (or put it down carefully if it's something breakable!).  And finally, I just practice being grateful!

When you're grouchy, stop, drop, and practice gratitude!
I guess you could say it's kind of a take on the old "Stop, Drop, and Roll!"  If you substitute "Practice Being Grateful" out and sub in "Get on a Roll, Being Grateful!"

I'll need to workshop the wording, before I go putting any of that on a poster, Friends.  I realize that.  I know it.  The important thing isn't slick wording or bold graphics, though.  The important thing is just counting my blessings, being grateful for all of 'em. 

Think about it, Friends!  Do you need to Stop, Drop, and Get on a Roll, Being Grateful?  If you do, come along with me!  We'll practice together! 

Even with gratitude, practice makes perfect! How about that?!

I love ya, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment