Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

When You Use Too Much Hair Product

No, my hair isn't wet. I got too much mousse in it.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, you may notice that my hair looks a little bet wet-look today.  A little Jeri-Curl.  I assure you that I didn't come in with a wet head.  No.  In fact, I used my little hair dryer with the little diffuser.

My hair looks wet like it does because I used too much hair product in it.  I used too much mousse, to be exact.  The directions on the back of the can said a golf-ball-sized dollop.  I think what I actually used was more the size of a baseball.  I just wanted to make sure I had enough of that mousse to work its cherry-vanilla-scented goodness all the way through, from the roots to the ends.

I guess you know from my pictures today that there's sucha thing as too much of a good thing, even if that good thing is cherry-vanilla-scented mousse.

What I couldn't get over is how no matter how much I dried my hair, it still just clumped together and looked wet.
When they say 'golf-ball-size' they really mean it!

I'm learning that not only is it important to read directions on the back of the bottle of hair products (and other things), but it's as important to FOLLOW the directions. Can't stress that enough. 

For today, I'm just gonna go with the wet look, and good-naturedly answer people when they ask me if I just got back from the pool.  Or if I got caught in the rain.  Or if I used too much hair product.

I'm kind of wondering if one lather-n-rinse is gonna take care of this, or if I'm gonna hafta get into the dish soap.  I can't help but notice that the dish soap doesn't come in a tear-free version the way my shampoo does.  Yikes.

Anyway, today, I'll just go with the wet look.  I'll take my lesson with me, about reading AND following the directions on the back of the product bottle.  I'll review the size of a golf ball and the size of a baseball, for visual reference.

Until tomorrow, Friends, know I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment