Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, Whisk, Whisk, Whisk!

I got my green whisk!
Friends!  Didja know I love to cook?  Oh, yeah!  I'm awesome at it! 

My current obsession is the pink packing peanut.  Oh, my goodness, it's such a versatile ingredient in everything from soups to appetizers to main dishes to dessert to coffee!

That's right, I said coffee!

No, no.  Don't let that hang you up.  Let me explain!

You see, the lowly pink packing peanut lends itself so well to so many things.  I recently was gifted with a gorgeous PBKids coffeemaker, and there sat the pink packing peanuts right there, and I couldn't resist trying them through the coffeemaker.  I put 'em in the tank, I put 'em in the part where you put the coffee.  I pushed the button, lights flashed, sounds were made, and in the end, I had the best cuppa pink packing peanut coffee I'd ever tasted in my whole life!  It was smooth, and aromatic, and had just a hint of cherry. 

I got my green flipper!
Now, making dessert from pink packing peanuts is a snap.  All you do is get out a cutting board and one of your plastic knives, and you just chop up some pink packing peanuts, get out a little bowl of ice cream and some chocolate sauce, and puh-POW!  You've got yourself a fancy little Mexican Sundae right there!  Que Bueno!

It's the savory things that really make the pink packing peanut shine, though, Friends.  It really is.  You see, you can put some pink packing peanuts in some imaginary boily water on your Red Retro Stove, let 'em get al dente, drain 'em, toss 'em with some sauce or olive oil, and you've got PASTA!  Or you can throw a handful into some soup!  Pink Packing Peanut Minestrone is a favorite around here!  You can also cook up some pink packing peanuts, whip up some cheese sauce, stir it all together, and have yourself some Pink Packing Peanuts and Cheese!  I love how the yellow of the cheese sauce compares and contrasts with the pink of the packing peanuts.

With the right utensils and a li'l imagination, there's nothing I can't do!
You can bake with pink packing peanuts, too.  Pink packing peanuts help a souffle rise up nicey tall like nobody's business.  Or they can act like marshmallows on a pan of brownies.  S'mores brownies are the best!  Mmmmm!

Of course, you know how much I love my cupcakes, and pink packing peanuts aren't excluded from those.  No!  I make pink packing peanut butter icing all the time, and it's just grand. 

You see, Friends, with the right utensils and a little imagination, there's nothing pink packing peanuts can't do or be.  And the same goes for me!  (And you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment