Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Just Around the Corner!

A favorite holiday of mine is coming up!
Hiya, Friends!  Hey!  I couldn't help noticing that the calendar says it's October the Twenty-Fifth.  Do you know what that means? 

Christmas!  Christmas is just around the corner! 

...Whoa!  Hey!  Don't throw things at Zoe!  I'm just the messenger!  I'm just stating a fact!  Today's the twenty-fifth, and in two months it'll be Christmas! 

Your reaction brings up a question I've wondered about for a long time, though, Friends.  It really does!

Time for cocoa and cozies!
Why is it that you Big People are so ambivalent about Christmas?  I don't understand it!  Christmas is such a happy time!  Magical, even.  It is if you let it be.  That goes for every day, but especially Christmas, Friends!

I talked to my friend Santa Claus recently, and I asked him why he thought Big People are ambivalent about Christmas.  He said he thinks it's because Big People try to do too much.  Big People try to BE Santa Claus, but most Big People don't have magic to help 'em keep up the way Santa Claus does.  So I asked Santa what he thinks Big People can do to minimize feeling like they hafta do everything big, big, big for Christmas, and Santa Claus said to simplify! 

I'm gonna go check my List!
That makes sense, Big People.  If it stresses you out to do something during the Christmas Season, really think about whether or not you really wanna do it.  If you realize it isn't worth the stress, just don't do it!  Or maybe ask for some help.  If it IS worth your stress, find other things you do during the holidays that you don't like to do but feel like you hafta, and then really evaluate it and see if you couldn't cut that out, instead.

Simplify.  It's great advice, Friends.  Why, I'd rather spend my Christmas with my own Big People and have 'em be relaxed, happy, and fun to be around, instead of being stretched so thin that they're brittle, snappy, because they were trying to make the house look like a gingerbread fairyland.   I'd rather get to play with my Big People for Christmas than have a big pile o' toys piled up!  I really would!  Aunt Colleen, in particular, has the best songs!

So I guess I can fill out a Christmas list for the sake of my Big People.  And I will.  But just so you know, Friends, I'm okay if I could just get some serious playin' time in with my favorite people.

Think about it, Friends.  Think about simplifying your Christmas, and them hopefully, you won't try to hit me in the head with a shoe you threw, kay?  I love ya just the same, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment