Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Better Get All Warmed Up for the Week!

Friends. I have an idea to make Monday better!
Hiya, Friends!  Here we are at Monday again.  I've been givin' it a lotta thought about why people don't like Mondays so much, and I've come up with something that I think is pretty darn valid. 

You see, Mondays are a workout that set the tone for the rest of your week.  I don't hafta tell you that, do I, Big People?  And just like any workout, I firmly believe that you'll have a lot more fun this Monday if you're properly warmed up and stretched.

Think about it!  If ya just take off runnin' cold, you're probably gonna hurt something, whether it's a pulled hammy, or a twisted ankle, or you just get your butt out of joint.  It's the same way with Mondays.  I think a lotta people head into Mondays ice-cold.  No warm-up.  No stretch. 

We're gonna warm up for the week!
No wonder ya feel like you're all outta whack before you even get to go to the fridge for your leftovers for lunch on Monday, Big People!  You're trying to run Monday ice-cold!

Well, I can help.  Didja have any doubt?

While I think it'd be super-great for you to get up early on a Monday morning and get in a series of exercises for a literal warm-up for your week, I can see ya flippin' me the bird for suggesting such a thing, for one thing, and for another, I truly think the best approach to not gettin' your butt outta joint on a Monday is by taking a little time before you start your Monday to go through the motions you're gonna use on Monday.

I know that can sound confusing, especially when you're still gettin' the sleepy-boogers out of your eyes.  So I'll put it this way.  If you're gonna play baseball, you don't warm up by standing on your head.  I mean, you COULD, but if you're tryin' to maximize your pregame time, you'd be better served to make big circles with your arms, to warm up your shoulders.  Do a few squats-n-lunges to get your quads and hammies warmed up and ready.  Make a few swings with an imaginary baseball bat.

This is how I deflect my boss when he says I've gotta come in on Saturday! A roundhouse kick!
So.  What motions do you use on a Monday?  Do you use a lotta words during your day?  You might benefit from doing a crossword puzzle while you're eating your breakfast!  Do you work with the public a lot for your job on Mondays?  Get your smilin' muscles activated by practicing smiling while you're scrapin' off your automobile and makin' your coffee.  Are ya somebody's boss?  Practice tellin' 'em you're gonna need 'em to go ahead and come in on Saturday.  You probably won't be using that motion until Thursday or Friday afternoon this week, but it helps getchya into the swing of bossing.

You know what else makes ya feel all warmed up and ready to go on a Monday, Friends?  Laughin' at something.  So go ahead and have a good laugh before ya head out.  Laughter goes great with whatever you eat for breakfast, whether it's oatmeal, an egg and cheese and sausage and pepper burrito (my favorite!), or leftover pizza! 

I just wantchya happy, Friends!  I love ya a lot.  Get out there and grab Monday by the horns!  Don't let it get in your head!  You're all warmed up!  You're ready for this!  And I love ya lots!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment