Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolution Revolution

As it turns out, they're not New Year's Revolutions.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, I have a little bit-o-correctin' to do today.  Remember how yesterday I said we needed to make some New Year's Revolutions?  It turns out I was wrong.

They're not called "New Year's Revolutions."  In fact, there's no such thing.  I misunderstood, entirely.

Although, in my defense, as I touched on yesterday, a New Year's Resolution CAN revolutionize your life, if you pick the right one, and you follow through with it.  So you can see how I would have gotten confused and thought that we make revolutions instead of resolutions.

I'm not gonna let it get me down, Friends.  I'm not gonna get embarrassed.  I learn about things by makin' mistakes, if you believe it!

I goofed up, but I'm not gonna cry about it!
Well, I think we all learn stuff about things by makin' mistakes and learnin' from our mistakes.  I'm pretty sure that's how it works.  So I'm not gonna be embarrassed about my confusion.

Now it's time to buckle down and make some serious New Year's Resolutions!  I'll start!

You know, this year, I resolve not to be pushed around about the potty.  It's been a recurring theme in my life, "Zoe, why don't you use the potty?!" since oh... since I was 18 months old.  And I'll tell ya what, Friends.  It's gotten pretty old.  So no more.  I'm just gonna click my ears off in 2014 when the conversation clicks over to "Zoe, how 'bout usin' the potty!"  That's what I'm gonna do!

Let's get this show on the road, Friends!
I'm gonna stay up later in 2014, Friends.  Mommy likes to send me to bed pretty early.  Why, eighterninaclock at night!  At that point, the night is still young!  I think that by going to bed, I'm missing out on lotsa fun stuff!  And I proved the other night, on New Year's Eve, that I can stay up until tomorrow.  I've proven that I'm built to last.  I have boundless energy.  Goin' to bed early is for chumps, Friends, and this kid isn't gonna be a chump in this, the New Year!

Also, something else I resolve to do this New Year, Friends, is to master this alphabet thing.  Learn to count to 30. Maybe 40.  Haven't decided yet.  In 2013, I got the colors down pat when I thought I'd never get them, but now I know all the primaries, secondaries, and tertiaries!  How about that?!

Most of all, I'm gonna be right here, every day, Friends!  I am resolved to drop in and see ya every day here in 2014.  We'll talk about lotsa fun stuff.  Cupcakes and colors.  Crayons and chocolate.  Friends, I can't wait to get started! 

Let's get 2014 on the road, Friends!  I love ya lots!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment