Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies!

Didja know cookies are great for dunking in a hot beverage or milk?
Hiya, Friends!  Hey, you know how much I love cupcakes, but I betchya didn't know I also have quite an affinity for cookies.

Well, of course I do.  Cookies are pretty great.  They're sweet like a cupcake, but they have the added benefit of dunkability.

Yes, dunkability.  You know what I'm talking about, Friends!  Have you ever had a hot beverage or a glassa milk, and tried to dunk a cupcake in it?  What'd that getchya?

I'll tell ya what it gotchya.  It gotchya a soggy-cake mess, didn't it? 

Oh, no.  This doesn't mean I love cupcakes any less!
That's because cupcakes aren't meant to be dunked, Friends!  They're structured and set up to be beautiful single-serving-sized cakes.  You shouldn't need to dunk a cupcake because a cupcake shouldn't be crispy.  It just shouldn't.  If it is, something went terribly wrong in the baking process.  Or that cupcake has been around for a while past its prime.  I mean it.

Cookies are a different matter.  They're smaller than cupcakes, and if they're bigger cookies, you can break off pieces of the cookie and dunk 'em in your milk or into your hot beverage.  I love hot beverages here when the weather's so darned cold.  I really do!

I like to keep my sweet treat options open!  I like 'em all!
And a cookie won't get all mushy and fallapart if you dunk it right.  Here's how ya do: ya take a piece of cookie that's big enough for you to hold onto, but sized to fit into your mug or glass, then ya dunk whatchya plan to bite off in the next bite or two.  Hold it in your drink for a couple-three seconds, then ya take your bite or two!

That's the method I've found works for optimum dunkability, minimal sogging.  Ya don't want sogging!

And, Friends, just 'cause I'm talkin' about cookies today doesn't mean I don't love cupcakes or donuts anymore.  I think the best plan in life is to love ALL sweet treats.  They all have their time-n-place, Friends!  They really do!

All right, Friends!  Think about what I said about proper dunking technique.  Get yourself some cookies and a hot beverage or a glassa milk, and give it a spin!  Lemme know what you find out about dunking techniques that work for you!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya bunches!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment