Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Revolution!

What should I do for my New Year's Revolution?
Hiya, Big People!  Well, I didn't get into this yesterday because I wanted 2014 to get nicey settled in as the New Year before I started harpin' on everybody for their New Year's Revolutions, but it's already the second day of the New Year, and we haven't talked Revolutions yet, so that's what we're gonna do today.

I know that New Year's Revolutions are a touchy topic with you Big People.  I know ya either love 'em or hate 'em.  I know it's hard to stick to New Year's Revolutions, and it upsets ya if you end up fallin' off your New Year's Revolution.

On the other hand, if ya make the RIGHT New Year's Revolution, it can revolutionize your life! 

I think that's why they call 'em New Year's Revolutions!  Make a little change and revolutionize your life!
Why's it called a New Year's Revolution, anyway?

I've been thinking about this for weeks, what I'm gonna do for my New Year's Revolution.  There were a lotta things I considered adopting as my revolution.  There really were!

For instance, Friends, I thought about making it my New Year's Revolution to eat more fiber and to drink more water, you know, so I can keep healthy.  I thought about making it my New Year's Revolution to read my books more closely and carefully, the way a literature professor would.  That way I wouldn't miss any of the little details that weave together to make stories like Curious George  and Dr. Seuss and the Julius books the rich, rich tapestries they really are. 

I also thought about learning to use the potty for my New Year's Revolution.  Shorta bein' born and learnin' to eat solid food, I don't know how I could possibly revolutionize my life any more than if I learned to use the potty!

...Maybe it's because you make a change in your life, and it revolutionizes you?
But I decided against that, pretty quickly.  You know what?  I'll get to the dang ol' potty when I get to it.  I'm not gonna put all kindsa pressures on myself, attaching it to a whole big thing like a New Year's Revolution, and then fail at it and feel bad about myself for it. 

This girl's not gonna play that game, Big People.  I'm just not playin' that game!  Settin' myself up and knockin' the floor out from under myself!  I've seen how it goes with you Big People, when your New Year's Revolutions fall by the wayside!
Whaddaya think, Rozzie? Should we be more fabulous this year?

Plus, that dang ol' Mommy has a way of takin' the fun out of everything, especially goin' to the potty.  It's all I hear about these days, and frankly, I'm over it.  Every time she mentions it, I've decided I'll stay off the potty for another month.  At the rate we're goin', I'll be in diapers until sometime in early Twenty-Twenty! 

How do you like THAT, Mommy!  Do ya think you're so smart, nagging me now?!  Ha!

Where was I?

Oh yeah.  Those are the things I thought about for my New Year's Revolutions.  They were all worthy Revolutions.  Even all that malarkey about the potty.  It could be a good goal for someone who's so inclined!  It could be!

Let's ALL be more fabulous in '14, Friends!
I was really stumped on this one.  I really was.  So I talked to my good pal Rozzie-Dog about it, and she came up with the PERFECT New Year's Revolution for me.  She said that this year, instead of picking a giant revolution and orbiting around it this year, and getting myself all hopped up on it, and then getting myself all let down if I don't get it, Rozzie says I oughtta focus on bein' the best I can be every day, to do my best on little details, and the big stuff will take care of itself. 

So that's what I'm gonna do, Friends.  Instead of gettin' all overwhelmed by not knowing how to tackle the big strokes, I'm gonna focus my attention and energy on making the little moments in my life count.  I'm not gonna get upset if I trip up.  I'll learn from my mistakes and treat 'em as steppin' stones.  I'll get back up if I stumble.  I'll always have a pair of good sunglasses with me, and I'll also hug Rozzie lots.  Those are my solid New Year's Revolutions, Friends!  Nothing huge.  Nothing world-shaking or ginormous.  Just a buncha stuff that all adds up to me tryin' to be as fabulous as I can be in Twenty-Fourteen. 

I'm sure glad I've got Rozzie to talk me through stuff like this!  I love that dog!

Anyway, Friends, don't sweat these New Year's Revolutions!  It doesn't have to be a big thing to make a big change in your life!  I love ya, Big People, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment