Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Keep Your Look Bold When the Weather's Cold!

You don't hafta give up food to be into fashion, Friends!
Hiya, Big People!  Are ya managing to stay warm in this icy weather?  Didja read my Winter Roadside Safety Tips yesterday?  I sure hope so!  I wantchya to be safe, Friends!

Today, I'm gonna talk about a topic equally close to my heart: dressin' nice.

You might think that in the wintertime, you hafta say goodbye to all your cute clothes in favor of weather-beating styles.  You don't wanna be cold, but giving up your personal style doesn't have to be the price for not being hypothermic!

It just takes a little imagination, creativity, and compromise to be stylish this time of year!

It's true!  I betchya never woulda guessed that the Ladybug dress I have on today is actually a cotton gingham sundress, meant for wearing when the temperatures are not only above zero, but up into the seventies or eighties!  But it really is! 

I didn't wanna pack it away for the winter, though.  When you're my age and your clothes go into the tote at the end of a season, there's a good chance you're not gonna see 'em again, so you can imagine my horror when I saw Mommy doing the seasonal gleaning of my closet at the end of summer.

My favorite accessories are a toot-toot butter sandwich and confidence!
You can imagine my delight when I noticed she took out only the things that were too small for me- tops that left my belly open if I put my arms up (or worse, that left my belly open even when my arms were down!), Onesies that pulled in places no clothes have any business pulling in.  Bottoms that left a pinchy mark around my tummy and legs.  It was fun wearing those clothes while they fit, but honestly, Friends, I'm all about comfort, so I didn't care for the unscheduled open bellies or the pinching or pulling.

What WAS left, though, were all my favorite summertime clothes!  In fact, the very most of my clothes are suitable for wearing in the spring and summer!  If ya don't believe me, go back through my posts, and you'll see that contrary to what some people say about me never wearin' the same outfit twice, many of my clothes made their debut MONTHS ago, and here they are again, popping up when it's freezy outside!

How do I do it?  It's simple, Friends!

Layering Pieces.  That's all I do.  When Mommy and I pick out my outfits every morning, we take a good look at 'em, look at what parts of me they'll leave open, and then look for layering pieces to cover me up.  In my Ladybug Sundress I have on today, my arms and legs and feet woulda been open, if I'd just worn it straight-up, but with the addition of a long-sleeved shirt, a snazzy pair of sweater-knit, two-layer BabyLegs, and a pair of socksyshooz, I'm good to go inside on this wild and wintry Wednesday!

Fashion and food, food and fashion: two of my favorite things!
If I still get too cold, I can throw on a fleece hoodie or a cardigan, and I can also wear my TigerBaby Cap, to keep the warm inside my head!

See?  Layering pieces!  It's easy, Friends!  And it's like making a whole knew outfit outta my summer clothes!  It's like magic!

When ya get up in the morning, Friends, and are trying to figure out what to wear on a cold day, and you're tempted to just wrap up in your blanket and tell everyone it's a Snuggie, remember my motto: Keep your look bold when the weather's cold! and don't give in to the urge to disappear into a blanket all day.  Unless the windchill is negative eleventy, and you're stayin' in, and even then, it's nice to dress cute under your blanket.  It just is.

All right, Friends!  Stay warm!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment