Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Twenty-Eight Months Old

This is Twenty-Eight Months
Heya, Friends!  Guess what.  I'm twenty-eight months today!  I know, I know.  It isn't nearly as cute and charming for me to announce this now as it was when I was sixersevenereight months old.  But It's a big day for me.  I like to pause on the 9th of every month and reflect on how far I've come in the last little while.

In other words, I like to celebrate all the moments, even the smallest.  It's just how I roll!

I've gotta say, as far as month-birthdays go, twenty-eight is a quiet one.  Not a lot of exciting things going on here.  No big, dramatic jumps in clothes sizes that result in a big shopping spree for me.  No potty trainin'! (We've talked at length about that one, Friends.)  I mean, I'm getting a coupla molars, but it's no big deal. That's right.  Even teething has become commonplace.  Been there, done that, bought the tshirt, bumper sticker, and sparkly toothpaste.

Life: I'm READY!  Let's go!
Don't think that I'm all ho-hum about my life.  I love it.  I love how things are going.  I love how I'm growing up.  I learn something new every day, even if it's little things like if I've been walking around on the carpets this time of year, and I wanna touch a light switch or something metal, I oughtta touch it with my elbow first, or I can get a little zapped (and you thought my hair was naturally curly!). 

Little things.

I think it's nice to have a coupla quiet month-birthdays.  We can't be all 'woo-woo!' all the time, Friends!  But it's still good to celebrate every month-birthday.  Even for you Big People, Friends!  You don't hafta mathematic out the exact number of months old you are, because honestly, I think I'm gonna stop once I hit the big Three-Six months.  You can still celebrate, though.  Whatever number of the month your birthday is, that's the day of every month you pick to do something extra-nice for yourself.  For example, my birthday is September 9th.  So on the 9th of every month, I do something extra nice for myself.  If you were born on the 31st, and it's a month where there isn't a 31st, you get to pick when you wanna celebrate your month-birthday.  I won't boss ya around on whether to pick the last day of whatever month it is, or just celebrate on the first of the next month.  I'll let you think all that through.  It isn't for me to dictate to you.

I think it's important to celebrate every little thing, Friends, milestones and milepebbles alike.

I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment