Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's Cold: Hugga Snowman!

Do ya think it'll warm up soon?
Hiya, Friends!  Boy, I'll tell ya what.  This weather's been makin' it hard for me to get warm lately.  I think it's just because lookin' outside, I know it's super-cold.  I mean it.  I can be all wrapped up in my fuzzy blanket, in my reading nest, reading the story about Bob the Coconut, which takes place in a tropical location, and one look out the door, and all's I can do is shiver-shiver!

I guess it isn't as bad as the Polar Vortex.  But I still think Old Man Winter's being a little extreme.  I think he completely ignored my talk about how he doesn't hafta be extremely extreme and cold in order for us to notice him.  He doesn't hafta be a jerk in order to get our respect. 

What good is Winter if ya can't go sled-ridin'?
He doesn't, Friends.  It's the end of January.  It's Winter's time.  I think we can all respect that, if Winter could respect us, and not be so harshy cold.

Here's my big frustration, Friends: I wanna go sled-riding on my fluorescent orange plastic sled.  And the thing of it is, when we HAVE snow, Mommy won't let me go out, because it's "too cold," and there's "windchill" that the weatherfolks are "warning" us about.  And then when it's warm enough for Mommy to say I can go out, the snow's all been melted away by stupid cold rain, or there's a crusta ice on it.

Aw, well, Friends!  It's cold, so hugga snowman!
What I wanna know is what good is Winter if ya can't go out and enjoy it?  What good is it, for real?  Here I am, finally big enough to go sled-ridin', and I've got me a nicey-warm snowsuit and some fuzzy warm snowboots. 

My friend Frosty Snowman helped put it in perspective for me.  Frosty Snowman's lived in the cold a lot, and through the magic of Magic, he's able to live inside where it's nicey warm with me, without worrying about melting.  And he told me not to resent the deep-freeze outside.  I'll get to go sled-ridin' one of these days.  There's still lotsa winter left. 

Frosty Snowman told me that when it's so cold outside, you oughtta hugga snowman.  It's good luck, and it's good for the soul.  So that's what I'm gonna do.  Hugga snowman!

I love ya, Friends!  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment