Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Age of Frustration

This is the face of a frustrated toddler, folks!
Hiya, Big People.  Hey.  Do you remember bein' Almost Three?  I'm a month away from bein' three years old, and I've gotta say, it's definitely an Age of Frustration.  Worse than being Almost Two, really.

Here's why:  I'm big enough to do lotsa things by myself.  I can wash my own hands.  I can put my own toys away (even though I rarely do this- it's much more fun to have all my toys out at once and strewn all over the place!).  I can feed myself.  I can pick out which Gummy Beary vitamin I want.  I can pick out my own outfits.  I can put the toothpaste on my very own toothbrush by myself and brush my own teeth.

You'd think that's great, right?  I mean, I can do all those things great, all by myself.  And it is.  I'm not griping about that.  What's got me all frusterated is that I'm learning what it's like to be all independent, and yet there's still a buncha things Mommy and Daddy don't let me do by myself.

For instance, I'd love to drive a car by myself.  That looks like a heckofalotta fun.  I would also love to cook things on the stove.  Chocolate pudding, in particular.  I'd like to use the telephone by myself. 

It's a drag.  But that's nothing compared to the constant nagging I'm subjected to over this potty trainin' issue.  You know what I'm sayin'?  All those things I wanna do by myself, but I'm not allowed, all those things I CAN do by myself and I'm really good at 'em, and then there's this one thing I really have no interest whatsoever in pursuing, even if it means I get Frozen on DVD if I do it, and that's all I ever hear about.  Stupid potty trainin'.  And it's all because some overachieving little kids finish all up with diapers by the time they're even half my age. 

Whatever.  I am me.  I'm happy bein' me.  If Mommy can't handle me bein' me and doing things on my own timeline, I'll just stay in diapers until I go to college.  How about that?!

So that's why I live in the Age of Frustration, Friends.  That's why I come off as a little angry sometimes.  Why I flip the heck out over nothing.  At least that's how it looks to you Big People. 

That's all for today.  I'm gettin' myself all mad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment