Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Beartown!

So, fellas.  What's good here?
Hiya, Friends!  You know, one of my favorite things to do is to go to new places and meet new people.  And sometimes my favorite new people to meet aren't even people at all!  How about that?!

Well, what I'm talking about is my recent trip to Beartown Peaches and Cream.  It's a place down the road a ways from where I live.  They sell plants and flowers and ICE CREAM! 

That's not even the best thing!  My favorite thing about Beartown Peaches and Cream are the bears that stand outside the ice cream stand part of the place. 

At first, the bears come off as a little bit wooden.  You know- formal, stiff, not very talkative.  But the big bear's holding a double-dip ice cream cone, and the little one's holding an arrow to let you know which way to go to get your ice cream, so you know that they've gotta be nice guys under their wooden initial impression they give off.

I did what I do when I encounter someone who isn't a friend yet, but looks like they could be.  I marched right up to them and struck up a conversation.  I'll admit that I had to do most of the heavy lifting at first, but then the bears got to be a lot friendlier.  They told me I oughtta try a little Dole Whip, because it matched my shirt, and also because it's delicious, and they were right.  They also told me to try a little of my daddy's root beer float.  Believe it or not, that was my first root beer float I've ever tried, and as it turns out, I really love root beer, whether it's floating or not!

So don't be afraid to talk to somebody new, Friends!  You never know.  You might just make a new friend! 

I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment