Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Cabbages and Kings

There's so much to do!  Where should we even start?!
Hiya, Friends!  It's Monday the Twenty-Fifth, and like in "The Walrus and the Carpenter," we need to talk about many things, from shoes and ships and sealing-wax to cabbages and kings.

That's a lot of stuff! 

Actually, we won't really be talking about shoes and ships and sealing wax, and definitely not about cabbages and kings.  But that was catchy, and I'm in an academic mood.  Why?  Well, because yes.  It's the first day of school in my school district.  Kids who will be third-graders when I start kindergarten are just starting kindergarten themselves today.  And three years ago, right before I was born, those little kids were about my age.

It boggles the toddler mind to think about such things, Friends!  But it is what it is. 

So I'd like to wish my school-going friends a hearty Happy First Day of School, mateys!  Make it a GREAT year!  I love the heck right outta ya!  Muah!

But the First Day of School doesn't apply to all of us, Friends.  There are some of us who left school for the last time a long time ago, and some of us who haven't even gone yet.  So for us, today's maybe a little more electric than usual, simply because of the energy coming off'n' those who are going back to school, but pretty much, today's like any other Monday. 

Something that affects most of the rest of us, though, Big People, is that Christmas is only four months away.  I know I promised the Executives that I wouldn't addle everybody about this, but thing of it is, I'm just as panicked about the Major Winter Holiday as you are.  I really am.  You see, I'd thought I'd just go collect a buncha rocks from out of the driveway, have Mommy bake 'em in the oven for me, and then I'd stub crayons all over the rocks to make colorful paperweights.  But I was talking this idea over with Mommy, and she said people can use only so many paperweights, and in this day and age, 'so many' paperweights equals about zero.  So I'm at the drawing board again, wondering what I'll give everybody on my Christmas list.  We're all in this together, this holidaying. 

But I thought if we talked about this today, while it's still warm, and while there's still a hundred and twenty days between now and then, we could all come to some calm, logical conclusions, and not just go grabbalabbing at gobs of the first stuff we see when we stampede into stores come Christmas Shopping Season.

I'm really just here to help, Friends!  That's all I wanna do!

I love you very much.  Remember that while you're sitting there, stewing at me right now.  I just want what's best for ya!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment