Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Kernel Sanders

Popcorn: the snack that bites ya back!  Hours later!
Hiya, Friends!  Have you ever had a popcorn kernel stuck right the heck in your gums?  Doesn't it drive ya nuts? 

That's what I'm experiencing right at this moment, and I'm afraid it's the only thing I can think about.  Has that ever happened to you?  You get a little, nagging thing happening, and it's all you can get your mind on for a while?

I'll tell ya what, it's enough to drive me up a wall, and then right back down it.

I realize in the Grand Scheme of Things, an errant popcorn kernel doesn't even register.  There are about a bazillion things worse to have happen to you.  Stepping on a rusty nail, having a brontosaurus step on your foot, getting clunked in the head with a dodgeball that isn't a dodgeball at all but a basketball, blown up all the way!

No, I'd say that a popcorn kernel getting stuck in your gums is about on par with getting a gnarly papercut right on your knuckle.  It's worthy of saying "Ouch!  That hurts, and this is annoying!" but you can't move past that, because the offending offender is right there, front and center in your conscious.  Right the heck there. 

Oh, my gosh.  Friends, I'm gonna hafta go talk to my Daddy about getting this taken care of.  If nothing else, I should at least get another plastic mini rainbow Slinky out of the deal.  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Don't eat any unpopped popcorn kernels!

No comments:

Post a Comment