Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I'll Never Forget

So I was a little late.  Is that any reason to remind me about it every year?
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's August the Twenty-Seventh.  It's the date I'll never, ever forget, because as Mommy so loves to remind me, it's the day that was supposed to be my birthday. 

That's right.  My actual birthday, the one I picked and I love, is September the Ninth.  Nine-Nine-Eleven.  That's my birthday.  And I just love it.  But Mommy was told my birthday would be August Twenty-Seventh.

Did I know I was expected on August the Twenty-Seventh?  Yeah, I think I might have gotten a memo or something about it.  I got a few reminder calls.  And I ignored 'em.  Because yes.  This girl does things when she's ready.  Not when Mommy's ready, not when Daddy's ready, not when you're ready.  When I'm ready, by golly. 

This, with the exception of sometimes, I move my hiney butt out of Rozzie's way when Rozzie's ready for me to move it, on account of she's bigger than I am, and she has that loud voice and those sharp teeth, and if I don't get out of her way when she wants me to, she's been known to lick me right across my face or just knock me over and plow through to where she was headed. 

But that just wasn't a thing three years ago on August the Twenty-Seventh, and I just wasn't ready to be born then.  I realize my tardiness by a few days has resulted in me staying home from school for an extra year, but that's something I sure as heck can live with.  I don't mind that at all.  I thought I was going to, but I like being home.

Mommy, though, has a hard time letting go of things.  Apparently it was a really big deal that I was supposed to be born on August the Twenty-Seventh, and I didn't get around to actually being born until September the Ninth.  It's a big deal from Mommy's standpoint.  Whatever.  The truth of the matter was, being born is a big deal.  It really is.  It isn't like a person's born every day.  You get one shot at making your entrance.  I just wanted to make sure I did mine just right.  And I needed that extra time to plan, and practice to the extent that I could practice.  I needed time to gather my thoughts so I could make a good impression on this world.

I just wanted to get it right, Friends!

So you'd think Mommy could let it go and quit making me hear about how today's supposed to be my birthday and all.  But she won't.

Anyway, Friends.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots!  Even if today isn't my birthday! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment