Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

All About the Balance

I don't know about this.  I feel pretty silly, come to think of it!
Hiya, Friends!  A thrilling Thursday to you!

You know, I'm an avid watcher of Sesame Streets of all vintage, and there's a segment on some Sesame Streets of a certain age that features Grover, and he goes around the world in order to bring back parts of different cultures to his friends who watch Sesame Street.

On one such segment, Grover went to Mongolia and saw the Bowl Dancers.  They're girls and women who dress up in traditional Mongolian garb and dance with bowls on their heads. 

You'd think they'd use plastic or Melamine bowls, because dancing with bowls on one's head is a tricky proposition, really, but they don't!  They use real, ceramic bowls!  And they spin and twirl with those bowls on their heads!  They do tricks with the bowls!  It's pretty impressive, when you think about it!

But they have special bowl-dancing school.  They really do. 

After seeing this segment of Grover's on Sesame Street, I wanted to become a Mongolian Bowl Dancer myself, or at least give myself a spin while spinning around and balancing a bowl on my head.  As you might imagine, it didn't go so well for me.  Good thing I was using a Tupperware and not one of Mommy's ceramic bowls!

I've since downgraded myself to one of my spill-proof sippy cups.  But I feel really silly, dancing around with it on my head.  So I guess I'll hafta keep my eyes peeled for ol' Grover to go somewheres where they do more Zoe-friendly activities.  I'll leave the Mongolian Bowl Dancing to the pros in Mongolia.  That's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment