Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Got Costume?

Friends, let's talk about your Halloween Costume Situation.
Hiya, Friends!  By golly, is it Monday again already?  It hardly seems possible, but boy howdy, time flies when you're having fun, so we must be having a BLAST!

Speaking of having a blast, it's that time of year again when I remind you that it's time to start thinking about considering what you're going to wear for Halloween.  As you know, because you can do the math as many of you have assured me, there are twenty-six days left until Halloween. 

If you haven't chosen your Halloween Costume yet, you'd better get crackalackin'.  Here's why.  If you wait until closer to Halloween, the costumes in the costume store will be all picked over, and you'll wind up having to go as something lame like a Party Pooper or ... well, I can't think of a lamer Halloween costume than the "Party Pooper."  I'm a Little Kid, and I laugh at disgusting things sometimes, but hear my heart when I tell you: Do not, do not, do NOT go to a Halloween Party dressed as a Party Pooper. 

Sure, your friends may laugh at you and tell you you're clever, but here's the harsh truth: they're only being nice to you so you won't smear on their furniture whatever it is that you used to simulate the last part of your costume's name... and please, in the name of all things good and holy, even in this hypothetical conversation, you'd BETTER have only SIMULATED it.  Because that's bad enough.  That's just bad enough, Friends, and if ya hafta go even that close to goin' there, what does that really say about you? 

I'm not gonna answer that myself because I want YOU to think it over real good.

Anyway.  That's what waitin' until the last-minute to figure out your Halloween Costume will get you.  You'll end up doing some crazy, stupid stuff, and not in the fun way that crazy and stupid can be sometimes.  I'm talking about the kind of crazy and stupid that gets you a permanent un-vite to places.

But I understand that not everyone is as into Halloween and Halloween costumes as I am, Friends, so if you come back tomorrow, I'm gonna give ya some ideas for how to pull off a neat Halloween Costume with little effort.  How does that sound?  Does it sound great?  Good.  I don't like to tell people not to do something, and then not give 'em alternatives.

Okay.  Come back and see me tomorrow and bring your notepad and a working writing stick.  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment