Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Power of Being Bored

The waiting is the hardest part.
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Sunday!

Well, ya know, recently, I had the opportunity to be on a Welcoming Committee.  You see, Daddy went on a business trip, and when he got back, I got to wait for him at the airport with a sign and everything.

This isn't about waiting at the airport with a sign and everything, although waiting at the airport with a sign and everything gave me what I think is a GREAT idea.  I had a LOT of time to stand around and get bored and then start thinking creative thoughts.

Have you ever noticed that when you let yourself get bored, your creativity kicks in, eventually, and you can get some good ideas out of it... or at the very least, some pretty neat doodles? 

Well, maybe Big People don't let themselves get bored anymore, what with Candy Crush Saga and those games you like to play.  Don't get me wrong.  I like to play games, too.  But I can't just play games whenever I want.  I hafta ask permission, and I don't always get permission.

Anyway, my great idea.  That blue van behind me in the picture says "Need a lift?" and I immediately thought of the Spirit Lifts I perform at my residency at St. Laffalotatus - Mercy-Mercy Hospital.  Then I got to thinkin' that right now, sad people hafta come to my hospital in order for my team to perform those Spirit Lifts, but really, such a thing could be taken out on the road.  And then I got to thinking that Doc McStuffins has her mobile clinic, so why couldn't I have a Spirit Lift Van, so I could go around and help the sad people, insteadda makin' them come to St. Laffalotatus - Mercy-Mercy Hospital?  I'll be finishing up my residency pretty soon, and I think mobile Spirit Lifts are a great way that I'll be able to contribute to the good of humankind, once I'm an attending.

As for me and my wait at the airport, Daddy got back eventually, but it took his airplane a LONG time.  By the time I saw Daddy, I was startin' to think I'd need a Spirit Lift, myself!

Anyway, I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Until then, take care, and don't be afraid to let yourself get a little bored today. You never know what brilliant idea might come of it!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment