Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Words with Minds of Their Own

I can't believe I said that out loud!
Hiya, Friends!  It's Friday!

Have you ever said something out loud that you meant to keep just inside your head?  Has that ever happened to you?  It's happened to me, believe it or not.

In fact, sometimes, it seems like my words have a mind of their own.  You'd think that would be kinda cool, but really, it's better to be in charge of your words and not have them flying out all over the place.

Those words.  Once you say 'em, there's no puttin' 'em back in your mouth and making like they never happened.  The best you can hope for, when your words have a mind of their own and escape outta your mouth before you get a chance to lock 'em up, is that nobody heard you.  If they DID, you can hope that if they were upset, that an 'I'm Sorry!' will help smooth things over.  And if that doesn't work and you've really messed up... I just don't know, Friends.  I think maybe if ya said 'I'm Sorry!' and brought them an apology box of donuts or something they really like, that might help.  And then vow to learn from your mistake.

We're all just learnin', after all, aren't we, Friends?  Some of us have learned our lesson more times than others of us have, but in the end, we're all just learnin'.

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment